• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy exhibit t599n weird device memory display

so here's something that i haven't been able to fix by googling.. under "storage", device memory says that there are x amount of mb of photos stored on the internal, yet in reality I have these on my external sd card. Anyone have ideas as to what is going on?

I double-checked in file manager just to be sure, so what it looks like is that my phone is reading part of the sd card as internal memory... I am somewhat a novice when it comes to android phones, so any insights would be invaluable

Are you sure you don't have pictures in the caches of your browsers? (That would be internal.) Those would be pictures showing up that look like websites you've been to but never saved.

Are you sure you don't have pictures in the caches of your browsers? (That would be internal.) Those would be pictures showing up that look like websites you've been to but never saved.
Yeah I cleared the cache of every application I have. The purple part of the bar shows about forty mb of stuff... its the same as the amount of photos I have in the external sd card

Yeah I cleared the cache of every application I have. The purple part of the bar shows about forty mb of stuff... its the same as the amount of photos I have in the external sd card

Try using an app called diskusage. It tells you what exactly is taking up space on your external sd and internal sd.

Back
Top Bottom