• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Note 2 Lounge

CORRECTION: If you get a Software Update notice from AT&T starting this week, its basically some updates they are pushing to GN2 devices to optimize screen lock, security and voicemail (I don't know 'how' it changes voicemail).

1380503237_picsay-1380503237.jpg

BUT! Still good news that we are going to eventually be updated to Android 4.3 with same features on a GN3! (unless they pull a fast-one and restrict a lot of stuff to make us WANT to get a GN3)

Just received am AT&T OS system update this morning. Ive postponed it for 8 hrs in order to read o.line news,etc about whats currently being rolled out for GN-II. Looks like we're getting updated to GN-III features.

Samsung Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3 and Note 2 Android 4.3 Update Release Dates Leaked?

Upvote 0
LAWWWWWD WHY! why DID MY T.E.D.5 HAVE BE TAKEN AWAY FROM ME (LITERALLY) SO SOOOooooon!

Please stop by and say good bye to Your brethren , a Galaxy Note 2.
Just CLICK Here And sign the Guest Book by clicking the "thanks' button.

While there, CELL Phone SIM(etery) Announced a few recent binary-digitalized "Going-Homes" of some known forumists you may know, sign their books as well... Lets show our fellow forumists the respect they need in their 'hour of need'

1. The Revanant Ghosts

2. The RabidHunter

3. Eduardog103

Upvote 0
I just got the update for 4.3 just takes a while to download

How do you like it? my stolen device was rooted. got the replacement on o rafter 10/19 and just rooted it so to stop the auto upgrade so I can get feedback,,etc.

Do you have ATT? Did it come with a lot of bloat? What about the SMS interface? is it forcing users to use Googles "Hangout" as the primary sms "app"? I was told using it doesn't make your texts public (as google is known to do). I just want to make sure I still have control over the privacy of my device to a degree.

I noticed when I upgraded GoogleMap app, back in October, the then 'latest version' had a default that users didn't see "if you shake your device" it was sending info to Google. Also that version piggybacked onto my cellular carrier "location" info, so , even if I turned GPS off for Google, they still logged and posted my every move. I uninstalled that version and gave Google an earful. Not that my rant worked, but their latest version now have those options removed or unchecked

Upvote 0
How do you like it? my stolen device was rooted. got the replacement on o rafter 10/19 and just rooted it so to stop the auto upgrade so I can get feedback,,etc.

Do you have ATT? Did it come with a lot of bloat? What about the SMS interface? is it forcing users to use Googles "Hangout" as the primary sms "app"? I was told using it doesn't make your texts public (as google is known to do). I just want to make sure I still have control over the privacy of my device to a degree.

I noticed when I upgraded GoogleMap app, back in October, the then 'latest version' had a default that users didn't see "if you shake your device" it was sending info to Google. Also that version piggybacked onto my cellular carrier "location" info, so , even if I turned GPS off for Google, they still logged and posted my every move. I uninstalled that version and gave Google an earful. Not that my rant worked, but their latest version now have those options removed or unchecked

I am in the UK so I dont have ATT we have Vodafone, EE, O2 and Three.... I am on Vodafone I am only 75% downloaded :( its very slow

Reactions: Rico ANDROID
Upvote 0
I am in the UK so I dont have ATT we have Vodafone, EE, O2 and Three.... I am on Vodafone I am only 75% downloaded :( its very slow

Its so cool to get to meet and chat with fellow androdians from various stratospheric locations! Its a nice surprise especially when we assume the next person is just a state or two away LOL. I cant wait to come back to this lounge and read your reviews of the upgrade after you've givein it a walkthrough. Will log on in the morning and see if you have any updated postings. it is 10:32pm c.s.t. here and I "is" about to hit the hey! or is it "hay"?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones