This resource created by Phandroid.com Contributing Editor Kevin Krause as part of an Official Series of beginner tutorials for Android Forums.The Galaxy Note 4 by default comes with both Samsung's standard keyboard and Swype preinstalled. You may also choose to download additional alternate keyboards to obtain the typing experience you prefer. Here is how to enable your desired keyboard and select as your input method.
To enable a keyboard:
- From the Settings menu navigate to "Language and input" under the "System" header
- Check the box next to the keyboard(s) you wish to enable
To select your desired keyboard as your input method:
- When in a text a field, look for the keyboard icon in the notification bar
- Swipe down the notifications pane and tap "Choose input method"
- Select the desired keyboard