• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Note turning itself off

Pinmac1

Android Enthusiast
Jan 22, 2011
UK
As in title, my Galaxy Note 1 has suddenly started turning itself off at random. This started yesterday and has happened 3 or 4 times since then. The only thing that has changed is that I am in the middle of changing providers from O2 to Three so took the O2 SIM out yesterday to sort out the PAC code but have put it back in while waiting for the switch. Cant believe it's anything to do with that though.

I have reseated the battery, SIM card and SD card and have just done it agin to make sure. Does anyone have any ideas please?

Check the battery stats. If the voltage dropped sharply just before the phone switched off, I'd suspect a bad battery. It's about 30 months old and that's normally about how long it will last for most people (many get only 18-24 months). (Conditioning it, never leaving it in an environment in which you wouldn't be comfortable and not letting it drop below 40% charge extends the life considerably.)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply. I am on my third battery in this Note, the current one being about 2 months old so it shouldn't be a problem. I had one incident of it turning off again last night but it has been OK today. It's just coming up to 2 years old so I'm trying to find my receipt and warranty at the moment.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones