• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S2 has no IP

crazysith

Lurker
May 16, 2012
I upgraded to ice cream sandwich last week and have issues connecting to my network with wifi.

I have just noticed that my phone no longer has a IP so would assume this the problem. I have restored to factory settings at least 5 times, using the different methods. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Hi, I have the Galaxy S II GT-I9100G. I have now managed to get access to the internet but it is so slow compared to previously and my Mrs Samsung Ace Plus.

I keep losing connection. Can someone advise me if when using wifi with ICS that the little wifi icon is animated now i.e. it has little orange/green arrows similar to using data package, similar for 3g etc. I didnt have this on Gingerbread, is this a new feature or because I am connecting using a static IP.

Upvote 0
In order to save the static IP settings in Galaxy S2 under ICS:
- Long press your network in WiFi
- Choose "Modify network"
- Check "Show advanced options"
- Set "IP settings" to Static
- Enter your IPs + DNS
... AND ...
- Crucial...! Enter 24 for "Network prefix length". Don't assume that because that field shows 24 it's holding that value. It's empty!

Click "Save" and you're done.

JP

Upvote 0
Hi folk, thank you for your replies, I emailed Samsung directly on Saturday and received a reply today.

Dear Chris,

Thank you for contacting Samsung.

We are sorry to hear about the issue you have experienced with your Samsung handset.

Regarding your case, kindly note that the issue reported with the phone indicates that the phone would need a software reset, or re-flashing of the software, in order to have it operating normally again.

Please note that what has happened is caused by a minor software confliction.

Please click on the link below to guide you to the nearest Service Centre that you can go to with the Proof of Purchase, by just submitting your Post Code, and choosing Mobile Phones from the drop down box:

Service Centre Locations Samsung

If you require any further assistance, please contact Samsung again and we will be more than happy to help.

Kind regards,

Kris
Online Support Team
SAMSUNG Customer Support Centre

So thankfully I am getting somewhere and thought I was going nuts because others had fixed this easily but I still had the problem. Hopefully as others see this reply and dont waste a week trying to fix the damn thing.

ONly problem now, the only places that will re-set or reflash the software are miles away, 2 places in Glasgow, not good Enough Sammy!

Anyway, thanks again for your contribution and hopefully this helps others,

Upvote 0
I have the same problem what I do is connect to wi-fi on my wives phone which I have set up as a hot spot after connecting to her phone I connect back to the home WI-fi without a problem.
For some reason it resets the wi-fi settings.
It's a lot easier than resetting my phone.

Let me know if it works for you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones