• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S2 steinheil screen protector

FirebirdStud

Android Enthusiast
Hi!
I'm going to be getting the s2 in two weeks when I get to england. I've been looking around on amazon.co.uk and I can't find a steinheil screen protector. I first bought one for mycold Motorola DROID x here in America, and a year later it is still great! I recently bought one for my Samsung galaxy Tab 10.1 and love it on that too. But now where fo I go to find one for this phone?

I am really bad a applying screen protectors or my standards are two high, as i will bin a screen protector if i trap dust underneath it, lost a few invisible shields like that and they are not cheap.

I have used the FoliX FX ultra-clear for

I had a Martin Fields Screenie for my HTC Desire, it lasted approx 30 seconds as I do the same, get a spec of dust etc on it or the phone and then just bin it, as I don't want any dust between the protector and the glass, so now I just don't have one ;)

If i cannot stand a spec of dust, I would freak at a scratch and it would just be my luck to get one. :( , so even a cheap screen protector is better than nothing, they might be rubbish and then i will buy an FoliX FX ultra-clear again it`s the best i have seen so far.

if u dont want fingerprints on ur screen protector + blurring effect STAY AWAY from SGP oleophobic screen protector... i tested it myself and throw it out after 3 days. most crappy screen protector ever...

if u dont want fingerprints on ur screen protector + blurring effect STAY AWAY from SGP oleophobic screen protector... i tested it myself and throw it out after 3 days. most crappy screen protector ever...

I have that exact screen protector and I actually love it haha :confused:

What is this blurring effect you were getting? My screen is as clear as it was before I put it on, in fact, I actually can't even tell there is a screen protector on there (my friends were shocked when I told them). I've found that the fingerprints are no worst than without it on. Maybe you had a defective one somehow? I'm not sure but thought I would chime in!

Masking tape will get rid of all the dust... I like the smooth feel of the glass, so I don't bother with a protector on my S2. Got a nice non-magnetic flip case though.

The only way I'm applying and using any kind of screen protector is if I can borrow one of NASA's dust free environments and have its glass cleaned of every single particle and living micro organisms before application. The thought of seeing a spec under the protector would drive me crazy...

I just don't have the facilities so I shall be 'the screen protector' and generally take good care of my SGS2.

Although if you do want to use one just take the time to apply it properly.

Back
Top Bottom