• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S20 Official Pre-order Megathread

I looked at all the deals, and ended up keeping my old phone. The value was too low, and Verizon had a BOGO deal that resulted in two S20 Plus phones for a total of $900, not counting the $150 Samsung credit for each one on top of that.

I looked at all the deals, and ended up keeping my old phone. The value was too low, and Verizon had a BOGO deal that resulted in two S20 Plus phones for a total of $900, not counting the $150 Samsung credit for each one on top of that.

So you had to open a new line? That was required for that deal? I thought about that so I could get an s20 for wife, but didn't want a new line and her phone is brand new (pixel 4)

So you had to open a new line? That was required for that deal? I thought about that so I could get an s20 for wife, but didn't want a new line and her phone is brand new (pixel 4)
Yes. I was planning to get a phone for my son as a grad gift, so I jumped on the deal. However, he is NOT getting a $1200 phone!! LOL. I get one, the other goes to my brother who is on my account, and I picked up a cheap one for him. Once I have them all, I will swap devices so I get the S20+ for myself

Yes. I was planning to get a phone for my son as a grad gift, so I jumped on the deal. However, he is NOT getting a $1200 phone!! LOL. I get one, the other goes to my brother who is on my account, and I picked up a cheap one for him. Once I have them all, I will swap devices so I get the S20+ for myself

Sweet! And I feel ya. 24 year old daughter on my plan and I until she pays, she's getting all hand me downs! haha

Order.jpg

Nice @WeeWilly. I don't know what the dongle thing does, but the price was free, so I figured what the hell, include it. :D:D

The dongle is a USB-A to USB-C connector and it allows you to connect two phones together using a charging cable in order to transfer data. I have several already, but it was free...

NICE! Good phone choice too, lol. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

You get any accessories?

I didn't order any accessories, but I guess I'll have to find something to spend my $150 on. I bought a cheap case from Amazon, I have multiple wireless chargers, a smart watch, and $5,000 wireless earbuds (my hearing aids).

Tmobile shipped mine out..arriving tomorrow via UPS. I changed mine to Pick Up since I wont be at my house most of the day.

REALLY regretting ordering from BestBuy even more now. I was scared away from unlocked after having issues with a previous unlocked phone. And bestbuy had this sweet blue colored choice... meh...

ALso when you do it that way they hit you with upgrade fee, and less of a big deal, but they forced me to pay off my current phone, which seemed stupid.

mine is showing out for delivery today, good this should 1 up the porch pirates that will be out on the 4th. just checked UPS and the truck is in my neighborhood. guess i will be leaving work soone :)

Adult signature required on my delivery. Possible technology flu tomorrow.

Ha! I had the actual flu (not really, but sick as hell for 2 days) so I have to be in. Plus, mine is pickup. So headed to BestBuy tomorrow. Then the fun, "please don't open my device for me" talk where I have to explain I don't want them touching it and I know what I'm doing, lol

Device is in hand, unboxing video recorded and I'll post it soon. First impressions its fast, smooth, easy in the hands like the Pixel 3a, and I have a lot to learn in the Samsung ecosystem. You'll be hearing a lot more from me over the next few days and weeks.

I took a ton of pics prepping my brisket for corned beef, but I'm limited on pic size that I can post here. This is a portion of...
upload_2020-3-3_19-24-27.png

...is this pic...
upload_2020-3-3_19-25-4.png

...simply at 100%. The camera is crazy.

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-3_19-23-50.png
    upload_2020-3-3_19-23-50.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 150
Back
Top Bottom