• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S3 & iPhone scratch test

An amazing and costly scratch test comparison between the Galaxy S3 and the iPhone at this YouTube link;
Drag Race Scratch Test: Samsung Galaxy SIII vs iPhone 4s - YouTube

quite odd considering the iphone 4s and 4 uses corning gorilla glass as well

the issue isnt scratch resistance with iphone, its drop resistance. because the iphone has a solid alu chassis and glass at the back and front, it is more impact sensitive as it is more rigid than a galaxy s3 which is majority plastic therefore can take more shock

Upvote 0
quite odd considering the iphone 4s and 4 uses corning gorilla glass as well

the issue isnt scratch resistance with iphone, its drop resistance. because the iphone has a solid alu chassis and glass at the back and front, it is more impact sensitive as it is more rigid than a galaxy s3 which is majority plastic therefore can take more shock

The iPhone 4 and 4s are both believed to have Gorilla Glass on the front only, though I don't think Apple has outright acknowledged it, and the S3 I believe is GG2. Plus the best I could tell the actual touchscreen part of the iPhone in the test looked fine it was the outer edges that weren't. Really wished the tester wasn't bouncing around or in a hurry to end the video so he would turn them on or at least give a better look.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones