I have a GS3 i747 running 4.1.2
All I want to do is downgrade to 4.1.1 so I can unlock the damn phone and use it with T-Mobile. My previous GS3 & current one are having the SAME problem - The MTP drivers are failing to install and my PC will not recognize the device
I've tried the following:
- Factory reset device while deleting all drivers on computer. (did not sign in to google during factory reset)
- Samsung toolkit download
- Reinstalled drivers on computer
- Used different cables including factory
- Used different USB ports
- Updated windows media player
- Attempted to update drivers from device manager
- Attempted to update MTP through windows update but failed
- Connected device without sim/SD card
- Installed drivers without internet connection (phone & PC)
- 2 PCS including 1 mac
- Switched back and forth from PTP & MTP
The ADB interface, Mobile USB modem, and USB composite device are all recognized. MTP will not install. At one point before deleting all samsung drivers from my computer the MTP driver in device manager did say "your driver is up to date", even though there was an exclamation mark next to it.. wtf? My phone recognizes it is connected to the computer & gives the option for PTP or MTP to check.
All I want to do is downgrade to 4.1.1 so I can unlock the damn phone and use it with T-Mobile. My previous GS3 & current one are having the SAME problem - The MTP drivers are failing to install and my PC will not recognize the device
I've tried the following:
- Factory reset device while deleting all drivers on computer. (did not sign in to google during factory reset)
- Samsung toolkit download
- Reinstalled drivers on computer
- Used different cables including factory
- Used different USB ports
- Updated windows media player
- Attempted to update drivers from device manager
- Attempted to update MTP through windows update but failed
- Connected device without sim/SD card
- Installed drivers without internet connection (phone & PC)
- 2 PCS including 1 mac
- Switched back and forth from PTP & MTP
The ADB interface, Mobile USB modem, and USB composite device are all recognized. MTP will not install. At one point before deleting all samsung drivers from my computer the MTP driver in device manager did say "your driver is up to date", even though there was an exclamation mark next to it.. wtf? My phone recognizes it is connected to the computer & gives the option for PTP or MTP to check.