• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S3

Tishann

Lurker
Jul 12, 2013
Hi...I am new to this android forum. When I read things via the internet it often takes me here. I am not smartphone newby but I am to my S3 and I have so many questions that I can't seem to find the answers to. Any help would be great. I am not so sure how this works so I will just post my questions and see what happens.
1. How do I know if i have jellybean on my phone?
2. Which is better, an app manger or the stock phoner folder?
3. When I manually do a system update...why does it tell me my phone already has the latest updates (for the record I bought my phone march 2013)?
Those 3 are my top questions coming to mind right now. Any help in finding the answers would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Tish

1. Look in Setting .. About phone and check the Android version. The latest version is 4.2.2 but I'm not sure if that's available for the S3 yet.

2. Not too sure what you mean ..

3. The Android version for your phone is dependent on Google releasing an update, Samsung customising it for your phone model and the network (assuming your phone is not unlocked) customising it for your phone model on their network. This tends to take quite a while particularly if your phone is not the very latest model that the manufacturer and network are currently pushing - with some networks, its even possible updates will never get released for older phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones