• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S4 Keeps Rebooting/Freezing

elbastador

Lurker
Aug 16, 2014
I started having issues with my Galaxy S4 this morning. The screen went black. After a few seconds the screen was speckled green and white with black lines. Since then it either gets stuck on the Samsung Galaxy S4 screen, continuously reboots, or if it successfully reboots it freezes after a minute and goes black or reboots.

I've tried to boot into Safe Mode by tapping the menu button repeatedly but it doesn't work . I am able to boot into recovery mode and I cleared the cache but that didn't fix anything. Do I need to do a factory reset? Any idea what might be going wrong?

The phone was warm to the touch before, not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Also, when the phone is off, the blue LED light is glowing on and off.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Usually signifies incoming message?
To get into Safe Mode - Press and hold Power button to start phone. When Galaxy Logo appears, press and hold Volume Down button until phone boots fully and the words Safe Mode are visible on lower left of screen.

Reactions: svim
Upvote 0
Technically, it's a matter of your screen being off, or in a sense 'sleeping'. If the phone itself is 'off' there's no power so you wouldn't see any LED indicator lights. Kind of nit-picking but troubleshooting is more difficult without specifics.
http://www.samsung.com/pk/support/skp/faq/877476

Anyway, do try to boot up into Safe Mode and see if your S4 runs normally again. If that doesn't work, power it off, remove the back cover, and pull the battery. Leave it out for a couple of minutes before putting everything back together again. And since you've got things exposed, re-seat your microSD card if you have one and if your S4 is GSM re-seat your SIM card too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones