• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Galaxy/Stock android on behold 2 - It flies!

If u get odin working first, then you can always oding it back to stock bh2.

There's little to no chance of bircking it :) If it doesnt boot its because the OS is messed up.. Odin restores it totally back to factory.

Most people who failed then have problems with odin drivers and panic! Get odin working first and u can restore in about 2 mins!

Upvote 0
You must resync your contacts afterwards
Vibration doesn't work
Handcet Sms does not work
Messaging doesn't work ("Message Centre" number is missing)
Messaging FCs

You'll have to make sure you copy down the message center number.

And I suppose now that they figured out how to do this, that maybe the source code from Samsung could be tweaked. I for one am holding off on doing this as I'm one of the few who like TouchWiz(don't hit me :p ). Though since they haven't cracked the boot loader, it may still be a while.

Keep up the good work.

PS: It would be nice to see a complete noob's guide to this. I for one dont know what it means "to odin"

Upvote 0
Vibration doesn't work
Messaging doesn't work ("Message Centre" number is missing)
Messaging FCs

So no messaging is working on this at the moment? Would ChompSMS work or all together no messaging is working?

Are those the only 2 issues - vibration and messaging? I'm really excited about this and want to get TouchWiz off this phone as soon as possible!

Upvote 0
You'll have to make sure you copy down the message center number.

And I suppose now that they figured out how to do this, that maybe the source code from Samsung could be tweaked. I for one am holding off on doing this as I'm one of the few who like TouchWiz(don't hit me :p ). Though since they haven't cracked the boot loader, it may still be a while.

Keep up the good work.

PS: It would be nice to see a complete noob's guide to this. I for one dont know what it means "to odin"

to odin means to boot your phone in download mode, then connect your phone via usb, and dowload the odin files for the behold2, then extract the files, open the folder that you extracted, open the odin multi downloader application, then select all the correct files, then click start! After a couple minutes it all done!

Upvote 0
I think its because the galaxy image hasn't been told how to lookup its network settings. From the messenging app on a non-modded behold ii, in the menu you can find the tmobile settings.

Hearing this I wouldnt be surprised to hear you had to enter in the apn settings as well. If thats the case you'll also have to enter in the pic msg settings too.

Anyone have said settings?

Upvote 0
Vibration doesn't work
Messaging doesn't work ("Message Centre" number is missing (T-Mobile US = +12063130004)
Messaging FCs

Woah woah whoah! I've been using the galaxy rom on my BH2 for the past day and a half. Messaging has worked like a charm. Also I disabled the default notifications and I use Handcent SMS.

I live in California and I'm under the T-Mobile network. Aside from the vibration and speakerphone not working everything else has been working very well.

Upvote 0
What must I do to get ODIN up & running first?

Please download the Odin files from here:

http://shrunk.me/I7500XXIK5-PDA-CL99814-REV5_ITV_.tar

Extract them to your desktop or somewhere you can get to them easily. Then open up the extracted folder and you will see "Odin Multi Downloader v4.03.exe". From here shut down your phone completely. Then boot it up by holding Volume Down + OK(Middle of dpad) + Power. Once your booted into "Download Mode" start the odin multi downloader. You will need to select all the files and such then click start.

Upvote 0
Please download the Odin files from here:

http://shrunk.me/I7500XXIK5-PDA-CL99814-REV5_ITV_.tar

Extract them to your desktop or somewhere you can get to them easily. Then open up the extracted folder and you will see "Odin Multi Downloader v4.03.exe". From here shut down your phone completely. Then boot it up by holding Volume Down + OK(Middle of dpad) + Power. Once your booted into "Download Mode" start the odin multi downloader. You will need to select all the files and such then click start.

Okay, sounds easy enough

I also found this on the xda developers site

[Devs Needed]Behold 2/II Updated Information for Root/ROMS - Page 3 - xda-developers

would this be a correct step by step tutorial?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones