• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy tab 2 questions

ohahjosh

Lurker
Evening everyone - I'm hoping someone can help me answer the following questions.

I'm looking to purchase a Galaxy tab 2 10.1 for my partner for xmas. She loves android as she has it on her phone.

- Can the Galaxy tab 2 10.1 edit and view Microsoft Documents?

- If it can.. what app is closest layout to OpenOffice and Microsoft Office?

- What keyboard dock has the best reviews and is best value for money?

- Can the document which have been made/edited be saved to a memory stick from the Tab 2 then reopened on PC?

- Can you use a mouse on this tablet?

Thanks all help is majorly appreciated

i hate to say it this way but the galaxy tab is not a lap top.

yes the galaxy tab can edit microsoft documents. many editors are available. there is microsoft mobile/office 365 or quick office. none of these will be a duplicate for the interface of microsoft/open office because it is not a laptop. the documents can be saved to a memory stick with a USB on the go (otg) adapter. i got a simple one for $4.

the keyboard and dock i think are two different animals. the galaxy tab supports bluetooth keyboards so there are many choices that don't depend on that your connecting it with a galaxy tab. from there it's a matter of finding a keyboard that you like.

as far as the dock goes it needs to charge while sitting on the dock, if the usb otg connection is included in the dock thats a good bonus but the same problem of the value is in the eye of the beholder comes up.

essentially there are bunches of other questions that only your partner can answer. if it is only going to be used in the office (one dock in the office is good). is it going to travel home and back to the office (two docks one at home and one at the office, or a portable set up that travels with you) mobile set up where the tablet travels with all the time (mobile keyboard and maybe dock setup)

so unfortunately these are not easy questions to answer. i bought my galaxy tab used from a fiend. he sold it to me with a case that incorporated a blue tooth keyboard. i like the case and resting it on the key board at different angles is nice but typing on the key board sucks. the keys are unresponsive and spongy. he really liked it.

as far as i'm aware a mouse is not supported (again not a laptop)

Back
Top Bottom