• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Tab A suffers from App Aversion

Peter Royle

Lurker
Jan 31, 2021
My treasure is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) SM-T580 according to the "About Tablet", so this forum is the closest to the gadget I have..

This just suddenly started happening. No app works properly. Some open but cannot do more than that. Most of them open and attempt to function then suddenly shut. A message appears "xxxApp has stopped," with an offer to "Send feedback" Google tries to send feedback, but a message appears "Market Feedback Agent has stopped."
I uninstalled 6 or 7 apps to make more room, as My Files reports Internal Storage of 14.11 GB / 16.00 GB available. There is no SD card. The tablet is dated 2016, and Android updated itself a week or so ago.

Any suggestions from the group wisdom in this forum would be greatly appreciated.

such is the life of an older tablet. these days they have a life span of about 3-4 years mainly due to the battery. but still the app developers over time do not support older android versions so apps will eventually have issues, bugs, or will just stop working. you can try a factory reset, but i'm not so sure if that will help. also maybe try getting a sd card and move your apps there......it will some room, but not much.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
My treasure is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) SM-T580 according to the "About Tablet", so this forum is the closest to the gadget I have..

This just suddenly started happening. No app works properly. Some open but cannot do more than that. Most of them open and attempt to function then suddenly shut. A message appears "xxxApp has stopped," with an offer to "Send feedback" Google tries to send feedback, but a message appears "Market Feedback Agent has stopped."
I uninstalled 6 or 7 apps to make more room, as My Files reports Internal Storage of 14.11 GB / 16.00 GB available. There is no SD card. The tablet is dated 2016, and Android updated itself a week or so ago.

Any suggestions from the group wisdom in this forum would be greatly appreciated.

So it should be updated to Android 8, and still supported by Samsung, Google and most apps. Have you tried factory resetting the tablet? I presume it isn't rooted and modified("original" and not "custom")

Upvote 0
So it should be updated to Android 8, and still supported by Samsung, Google and most apps. Have you tried factory resetting the tablet? I presume it isn't rooted and modified("original" and not "custom")

Hi mikedt It updates regularly and is currently at 8.1.0. The last update was a couple of weeks ago.

I have not done a factory reset, so I guess that is probably the next thing to do. I will try to do a backup first then plough through. Thanks very much for your comment.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Thank you all for your replies and suggestions. For the time being I have done a factory reset, which worked OK. It least it functions for the time being. And when the battery dies or some other disaster strikes, I will get a new one. Or not --- All that stuff just gets chucked. Bad for the environment...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones