• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Tab s2 screen capture

GT 2 10.0. Android 4.2.2

Presumably because people got sick of accidental snapping, then having to view the snap as well, Android is now without screen capture. I wish they had the gumption to _replace_ the silly way it was done, but no.....however....

I read of the method to hold down the volume and power keys. This works for me sometimes, but when it does, every shot has a volume icon in the middle of the shot.

Can that be stopped? Is there an app that allows screen shots.

I also read about a setting under Display that did a capture, but even that option has been removed. Almost seems like a sulk...however....

Thanks for any help

Nick

You're just doing it wrong. I do the Power button and Volume down with no volume level meter showing up. It just means that you didn't press them at the same time. They should be near simultaneous.

Actually, power+volume is the default screen capture method. The screen capture button used to be a Samsung Tab ONLY thing.

Thanks for the reply.

So there is no alternative? I had sort of figured that "the sequence" was critical, but it is so sensitive to timing that I get failure 90% of the time. I have tried and tried. I reckon I hit those keys within 1/20th second and still I get the volume thing. I still get a screen shot, but losing the volume slider is a real crap-shoot.

Is there no app?

Nick

Well there are apps, but they usually require root, or is a timer based screenshot app. I think you just need a little bit of practice. When I updated my Tab from 4.0.4 to 4.1.2, the new screenshot method was annoying but I eventually got the hang of it.

Back
Top Bottom