• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

onthevirg

Lurker
May 13, 2021
I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem with certain games. Within the last couple weeks my tablet frame rate seems to have slowed down significantly while playing World of Warships. Initially gameplay will be fine but after a period of 10-15 minutes there’s a significant, noticeable decrease in FPS. I’m not sure if this is due to overheating or perhaps hardware beginning to fail. Samsung wants me to send it in for service but I thought I’d check w/ the hivemind to see if there was any tips or advice before having to do so. Here’s what I’ve already tried:
  • Uninstalling/reinstalling the game.

• Clearing app cache.

• Soft reboot.

• Hard reboot.

• Factory reset.

• Trying w/ cover on/off.
None of these things has made any improvement. Kind of out of ideas at this point. After this starts happening it appears to impact the OS as well since touch responses and other sluggishness w/ the UI appear. Thoughts anyone?

well if a hard reset does not do the trick, then it is most likely not a software issue. to be 100% sure, you can try flashing a firmware update.

go to https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/recent/ and type in your exact model number and country code. instructions on how to flash the firmware update will be posted on the site.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones