• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 screen and other problems (so many)

NewArtDroid

My wife has had repeated problems with the Galaxy Z Flip4 and I want to seek more objective sources of truth here as we continue to pour money into Assurion:

The first incident, she dropped while it was in its case that came from Amazon (instead of Encased, who I use). It broke the screen, $99 for a refurbished phone.

The second incident, the screen just stopped responding to her touch. They covered that free under warranty and shipped her a refurbished phone.

The third incident, the screen went black. This was a few weeks ago and on the phone they said it was her fault and had a $99 charge. They just received the phone so let's see if they cange anything.

The fourth incident if the refurbished phone we got a week ago. When she closes the phone, from the outside, it looks on. But then when she opens it, the screen remains black.

As we continue to finance Assurion, I'd like to ask, re these problems normal or is there something else going on?

I remember a person complaining his Samsung Flip phone shutting down all the time. I can't remember which model Flip phone it was. I haven't read anything else negative about the Flip phones

i have had issues with the z fold 3 where the oem screen protector started to peel off. i got from best buy and have geek squad protection. with geek squad, they were not able to replace the screen protector, but rather they offered me to get a replacement and they allowed me to upgrade to the z fold 4. i then proceed to have the same issue with the screen started to peel off. this was after 8 months of use. the i had the issue where the foldout screen went black. and again using my geek squad protection i was able to get a refurbished z fold 4......so far no issues, this was almost 6 months ago.

your issue seems more drastic than mine. if what you experienced was normal that would be just unacceptable. thank god i do not believe it is. i think it is just bad luck for your wife.

Back
Top Bottom