• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gallery Crash!

tyriael

Lurker
Feb 8, 2012
i just brought this phone the other day... LG E720b. (this is what the box and users manual say)

so i started testing out the features on the phone in particular i was rather pleased stepping up from a 2mpix camera (that looked like it had 0.3 mpix) to a 5mpix, i took a whole load of pictures that day, and preceded to take a look at them in gallery, after a few seconds the device crashes and switches itself off.

im not your average techno-luddite phone user, i know a few tricks with computers and technology and my flatmate is familiar with the Android OS, he suggested clearing the application data for gallery, which i did ... it had no effect, the phone still continued to crash approximately 10 seconds after opening the gallery.

as a last ditch effort again today, i formatted the card (using the unmount / format SDcard options in the SDcard & Phone Storage settings menu) and took a few pictures again while i was at work, once again the phone crashed when i got home and tried to view any of the images id taken.
lucky me i still have the receipt ... so here i am;
is there a fix that i have not tried that anyone here can give me?
or have i got to take an hour drive to fix my lines of communication?

Ta, Tyriael.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones