• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gallery mind on its own & music art covers

SebaKL

Android Enthusiast
Hello guys

I have hard time figuring out the gallery behaviors.
For some unknown to me reason, my gallery suddenly created lots of folders with single thumbnails image inside.

Example:
I have about 10 folders total. One of them contain photos of my kid. Now all these photos in the main gallery. Each photo is a folder so I can open it, and when I view that single image in that folder, it's a low quality thumbnail.

Best part is, when I connect the phone to my PC and explore the folders on the phone and the card, there is nothing there. They look exactly as supposed to. Even tho I can select multiple folders at once and delete it, it still puzzles me.

Second issue with music art covers.
I have my music nicely organized on my network storage. Just for safe keeping, in each folder of certain artist, I have the album cover in JPG. When I load the music to my GS2, I just drag drop the folders to my CARD/MEDIA. What annoys me is that all the album covers appear in the gallery, each cover has its own folder. When I drag drop say 50 artists, I have to then manually clean the gallery out of 50 folders.

Again, none of these are visible when I view the folders on the phone while connected to my desktop.
I suppose there is some kind of index file, I try to find it, trash it and get it to generate a correct index of the directory from scratch.

Also, how can I prevent my music covers from getting to the gallery ?
Well I sure could delete it before I copy the files, but it seem like allot of extra work, going folder by folder.

Any ideas, advice, sincerely appreciated

best regards
Seba

would have liked an aswer to this one i have same prob with music art why do i have to look at all my album art work when i wih to look at pic hmm :(

there's a way to stop the covers appearing in the gallery - its on this site already so I'll give you the link.

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-incredible/307529-whats-nomedia-file.html

I did that and didn't work.
I have the same problem with weather widget skins. I place the .nomedia in the root folder, in a sub folders.. whenever i could, and it had absolutely no impact. The images from various apps, widgets and covers keep showing up as hundreds of individual folders.

Back
Top Bottom