• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gallery showing wrong thumbnails/pics

SNeitzel

Android Enthusiast
I seem to be having an issue with the gallery.
On some pictures, the thumbnail displayed is the correct picture but when I tap that picture a different picture is displayed. If I get info about the picture the name matches the thumbnail.

Ex. thumbnail shows a pic of my dog, when I open the pic I see a picture of my cat but get info says the file name is MyDog.jpg

This is happening in multiple folders, not just the DCIM folder.

I have tried clearing gallery data to get it to rebuild the pictures and even deleted the entire DCIM folder but still am not seeing the correct pictures.
I eve tried moving the pictures to my PC, opening gallery and saw nothing, moved pictures back and they still don't show correctly.

Are there some other cache files I need to clear?
Any other tips?

I renamed a picture and now it shows up correctly.
I took a different picture and saved it under the original name and now that picture is showing up with the same incorrect information as the original file did.
There's gotta be a cache file somewhere that is linking the file name to an incorrect location.

Anyone???

Found it.
\\SDcard\Android\Data\com.cooliris.media
I deleted everything inside that folder (after copying it to my PC of course...)
That caused the gallery to FC when I tried to re-open it.
Reinstalled Gallery3d.apk and after taking a looooong time to rebuild everything my pics are now back to normal.

Sweet,
Have been quietly monitoring this thread. I recently installed a new rom, and after the install, every time I tried to open a specific pic of the wife, kids, and I, I got a nudie pic that a buddy sent me of his ex girlfriend:rolleyes:. The wife was not amused.

regards
HOTHEAD

Well, an interesting thing happened...
After clearing the stuff from \\SDcard\Android\Data\com.cooliris.media
Now, I am no longer getting FC and lockup issues with the camera.
I have taken 30+ random pics over the last 2 days (in multiples of 3-5 at a time) and have yet to get a lockup.

Hmmm......

Sorry, I was in the middle of a computer crisis - on Sunday, my PC would not boot. On Monday, figured it was the PSU and my old one showed faults. Bought new PSU - and no boot.

Gist of it - I have 3 fried HDs - OS and 2 storage drives. So, I haven't been here in a couple days.

Otherwise, I would have pointed you to my thread in the CM forums detailing the caches in that folder: [NIGHTLY] [CM7] Discussion of Nightlies - CyanogenMod Forum - Page 110

Glad you found it yourself - and yeah, it makes for a lot of memory saving initially, until those cahces are built again. I think someone needs to write an app that clears those particular caches, then runs an SDScan, then reboots the phone ....

just sayin' :p

You know, I shouldn't have to be a darn Tech-nerd to figure out my issues and find my own solutions the way the person in this thread did. I am having contact to faves out-of-sync conditions (similar to the one mentioned in this thread) and I would never have dared to go in and delete anything out of any folders on my droid.

?!? Seriously... can a normal person who bought the bionic to use as a normal phone/txt/email/photo device please catch a break?

I'll check out the link provided for instructions on clearing cache... but if I have to copy all my files to a pc, delete files and folders from my bionic, then re-install some other file, and hope I didn't screw up the whole thing, I'm not gonna be happy.

~L

Back
Top Bottom