• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

gamelife1

Apr 12, 2010
It just occurred to me that when developers get the opportunity to start making some apps for Google TV next year, one thing they will be able to create is games. Normally, when I think of games on android, its not much to care about. Mobile games have always been to casual for my taste, but I just began thinking of the potential developers will now have that games will be playable on a TV and not a mobile device. If some set top boxes or television come out with the proper specifications, Google TV could become a completely digital gaming platform that rivals the top competitors of the gaming industry right now.

Not to mention, all the sorts of devices you can use as controllers could make for some interested games. Imagine a group of people with all android phones, instantly jumping into a game on their TV.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones