• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Gapps

biggiephil

Android Enthusiast
I was wondering if it would be ok to install Gapps on our devices?? I dont think it'll cause any harm, I'm gonna give it a shot and let you know what happens

Just exactly how would you flash the Gapps.zip without a custom recovery. Flashing them is the only way to ensure they will work properly as a system app.

You could extract the contents of the Gapps.zip then install the apps, then use Link2SD to convert to a system app, but you need to make sure you put all the other files from the zip in their appropriate system folders as well.

Seem like a lot of work, for not a whole lot of apps.

Just exactly how would you flash the Gapps.zip without a custom recovery. Flashing them is the only way to ensure they will work properly as a system app.

You could extract the contents of the Gapps.zip then install the apps, then use Link2SD to convert to a system app, but you need to make sure you put all the other files from the zip in their appropriate system folders as well.

Seem like a lot of work, for not a whole lot of apps.
Yeah, I know this :P

Back
Top Bottom