• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GB Updates... just found this...

ABRMess006

Verizon has released Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) update for Motorola Droid X2. The update is being pushed as OTA (over-the-air), so just go ahead and check for system updates found under Settings. Below is the new stuff introduced with this update :

1. New Download Manager App
  2. Multi-Touch Key-Chording – ability to enter numbers and symbols with keyboard shortcut
  3. Improved Copy/Past functionality
  4. Modification in User Interface and elements
  5. Added Device and SD Card encryption. VPN enhancements integrate IPSec VPN clients into device security settings.
  6. Updated Calendar Options : Display Calendar and event times in your home time zone when traveling; Ability to dismiss individual reminders; easy conference dialing
  7. Addition of Google Books.
  8. Geo-tagging features available for camera apps.
  9. HDMI indicator clears if cable is connected and an application is started.
  10. Bug fixed of receiving duplicate SMS messages.
  11. After Mobile Directory Number (MDN) change, device no longer performs data reset.
  12. On the home screen, icons and widgets display properly.
  13. Fixed interruption when unlocking device.
  14. Improved stability reduces device resets.
  15. Correct device battery percentage is displayed.
  16. VZ Navigator works simultaneously with Wi-Fi.
  17. Easily subscribe or cancel a subscription to Visual Voice Mail.
  18. Home tray icons can be customized.
  19. When device is placed in car dock, device no longer plays loud sound.
  20. Enhanced User Interface provides improved screen transitions.
  21. Receive MMS sound notifications while on a call.
  22. Addition of Vibrate icon

Before going for this update, we always recommend two things :

1. Look to completely charge-up your device battery as the update will use wireless Internet connectivity and you won’t like your device switching off in-between the update process.
  2. Also, try to back-up your messages, contacts, application settings and whatever you can. If something goes wrong, this little step can save you from a lot of headache.

Looks like they actually took some time to fix the major issues everyone was having on here, I hope the audio gets fixed as well for people having problems with that, as I am not, so I am not sure what it does exactly. Anyone have word on when or if these updates have rolled out yet? I keep checking mine constantly and no go yet here.

Also just found this as well... Should be rolling out I would guess by this weekend the latest.

Motorola Droid X2 [UPDATED 7/27/11]: Verizon Wireless and Motorola have confirmed the new Droid X2 will be getting the Android 2.3 upgrade. In late July, Verizon posted info about the upgrade to its official Droid X2 Software Update page. Typically, once that occurs, a rollout is within days of beginning. We also know that Motorola conducted a limited test of new software for the Droid X2 earlier in the month.

Software Update: DROID X2 by Motorola

does this include a new market?

I reset my phone today, and I had a new market. However, I reset again, and it went back to the old one.

did I just reset my way out of GB?

I doubt you reset your way out of GB... GB is going to have new icons, layout, homescreen. I think you probably would have noticed that before you noticed a new market. Also the Market can update without the OS updating.

No. It's not out yet. Somebody jumped the gun (surprise).

I don't know what's worse, Steve Jobs fanboys that neurotically salivate at his every magical word, or Android fanboys that scream from on high about OS updates and product release dates that don't materialize until weeks/months after the announced date. It's getting pretty annoying from both camps.

No. It's not out yet. Somebody jumped the gun (surprise).

I don't know what's worse, Steve Jobs fanboys that neurotically salivate at his every magical word, or Android fanboys that scream from on high about OS updates and product release dates that don't materialize until weeks/months after the announced date. It's getting pretty annoying from both camps.

then you may want to stop reading blog sites. Because that will always be around.

Back
Top Bottom