• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root General Advice: Rooting, Recovery, Tethering

mrmdc

I finally just got my soft-bricked phone un-bricked so I'm looking for some general advice on my next steps.
  1. My ultimate goal is to leverage the $60 unlimited data plan for tethering to my laptop. Is rooting required for this and/or specific apps?
  2. My software version is at MS34510E. If I do have to root, what is the best method?
  3. Should I install TWRP to help if I soft-brick again? Is there a guide on Leon for installing this?

To be honest,i think there are options for rooted & non rooted devices.whether they will work for you is another story. PDANet is an option whether youre rooted or not.i am rooted on software version 10d & i wasnt able to root 10e.i use wifi tether router but that requires root.and if youre not rooted i dont think you can install TWRP.hope this helps.

@Rop394 Go to your phone's settings, about phone, software version, build number tap it 7 times that should unlock and show your developer settings. If that is the same click on developer settings and scroll down and see if there is an option to OEM Unlock. If it is there and you can click that then you can install a custom recovery and flash custom ROMs.

@Rop394 Go to your phone's settings, about phone, software version, build number tap it 7 times that should unlock and show your developer settings. If that is the same click on developer settings and scroll down and see if there is an option to OEM Unlock. If it is there and you can click that then you can install a custom recovery and flash custom ROMs.

Hey man, thank you for answer, I made a thread about my general problem, on general tab about LG Leon H320 please read it i write everything that I tried and also this metod for OEM unlock (maybe I forgot to mention it there)..

Here is the link of my thread on this site:
http://androidforums.com/threads/lg-leon-h320-v10e-eur-xx-how-to-root-it.930640/

Back
Top Bottom