• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root General observations

The-Truth

Android Expert
Well I don't know what can be more "on topic" than this and I hope it confirms that it doesn't seam to be cm 12.1 for the Leon which is what our batteries running hot etc. I know I have kingrooted 2 Leon's and the battery issues/running hot etc. Statrted as soon as I rooted it. Now I'm not expecting as anything, if this phone runs ever runs after rooted and/or running ROMs on it etc. Again I don't think its the ROM I think its root I could be wrong. I hope in the near future the superhero devs are able to get this phone underway and battery running sufficiant. I guess I didn't do enough homework before I rushed into the Leon. Back on the F6 awaiting anything that might have the Leon running decient while rooted and running a custom ROM. Hope to see the Leon having better days soon. Thanks for working so hard devs, it is appreciated just a lil depressing not point in fingers how can I. Again I hope the Leon gets the fixes it needs, thanks again.

Last edited:
Your wrong.
The SD 410 runs hot under load. That is to say when the CPU is running at max clock, it causes the battery phone to heat up due to stress. The thermal controls are supposed to counteract this by turning off cores and lowering the maximum frequency at which they can run until the system cools down enough to be deemed "safe for use". It has nothing to do with root.
As for on CM12.1, you should read the first few pages of the thread where I actually mentioned this case due to how the kernel handles touching the screen. The CPU ramps up to max to keep the system fluid and functional. Also the CPU governors don't appear to be properly configured so the CPU runs at close to max freq all the time, even when not using anything in the background. Hence why using the script created by @Bichofelix is a very good idea. Its configuration helps battery drain and heat while not affecting performance

All I knw is the issue with rooting the Leon under kingroot at least seams to be jus that and notban issue with CM 12.1 as phones are running how soon as one roots this device my only hopes a is maybe an up to date ROM will have this devices running right will rooted, custom ROM etc.

All I knw is the issue with rooting the Leon under kingroot at least seams to be jus that and notban issue with CM 12.1 as phones are running how soon as one roots this device my only hopes a is maybe an up to date ROM will have this devices running right will rooted, custom ROM etc.

I'm not even sure you know what you are talking about, this phone runs hot even without root. Root is needed to make the damn thing cool off.

First of all, root is simply administration privileges.
Second of all, the kernel intentionally runs at max speed when touched and has long delays to ramp down on stock. On cm, the situation is the same except min freq was set at 800mhz in kernel and won't be changed until way later.
Combine these things with a hot LCD screen running on high and you'll be throttled in no time.

I made a script to help people who aren't quite advanced users when it comes to governor params.

I also recommend deadline scheduler. Just works better with cpuboost in kernel.

The Leon is still new, what the hell even made you think there was a complete rom, of which would have no bugs? I literally bought this thing the day it came out and knew it would be many months before we saw one, I was wrong. Development picked up fast and it was the fastest release of cm for a low end device I have seen.

PS the f6 blows.

Lol ya the F6 deffinetly blows and OK I rooted it soon as I got it so I thought that's what made it hot somehow but you're right root privaledges have nothing to do with battery minus the reading/batt stats on its only currant custom ROM has thus far, point taken loud and clear and ya I run youre script nice work but I gotta work with what runs best right now and as much as I agree it blows the F6 deffinetly has the Leon beat as far as battery life, battery temp..... not a shit ton better but a like I said I gotta work with what I got. But rest assured all you're points ring load and clear. I will just be quite and read up and save any of my comments unless there words with good advice.

Lol ya the F6 deffinetly blows and OK I rooted it soon as I got it so I thought that's what made it hot somehow but you're right root privaledges have nothing to do with battery minus the reading/batt stats on its only currant custom ROM has thus far, point taken loud and clear and ya I run youre script nice work but I gotta work with what runs best right now and as much as I agree it blows the F6 deffinetly has the Leon beat as far as battery life, battery temp..... not a shit ton better but a like I said I gotta work with what I got. But rest assured all you're points ring load and clear. I will just be quite and read up and save any of my comments unless there words with good advice.

This phone certainly runs hotter than a lot of my previous phones. Battery temp is directly related to screen temp. Basically, if brightness goes above 65%, your device will get pretty hot. If it runs all 4 cores when you're just browsing a non-intensive app but tend to keep your finger on the screen, cpuboost will constantly be on max. This is a problem I am often faced with, however, compared to stock, there is no alternative.
Also my f60 running stock cm from @Noobified gets like 7days standby time, so the guy absolutely knows what he's doing.
The f6 has a smaller screen and a LOT of custom tweaks, some such we won't see until a completely functional ROM is released.
If you want a more accurate "real" comparison between battery life of the two, run the f6 completely stock as our cm kernel is essentially stock modified for the time being.

Thanks for the input man really. As far as F6 I bounce back and forth between Carbon ROM and Pac-Rom which are basically alike minus the Pacman images/boot IMG. & whatknott. And I'm not sure the differences between intellaplug abyss plugs 1 & 2 I gotta get with DM on that note but I run abyss plug 2 with either Kernel Auditor or FauxClock Pro but ya I don't wanna run stock on any of my devices, but a to each his own right. Thanks for getting back with me though man I learn so damn much from all you guys man. Just a year ago I heard of root and the custom recovery and ROMs and ya there just no other way for me to run my devices but with root rights and all tweaked out I'm just a real bad flash addict Hroark is just phenomenal at what he does all the devs here are sweet top notch pros, AF & XDA you guys have so much to offer. I'm not too liked by a couple devs whatnot on here due to miss communication and texts being misleading though I have ran my mouth and should have went with reading instead of asking dipshit questions but no thanks for hollerin at me I really wanna learn all I can so I will add all you're advice man Thanks really.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input man really. As far as F6 I bounce back and forth between Carbon ROM and Pac-Rom which are basically alike minus the Pacman images/boot IMG. & whatknott. And I'm not sure the differences between intellaplug abyss plugs 1 & 2 I gotta get with DM on that note but I run abyss plug 2 with either Kernel Auditor or FauxClock Pro but ya I don't wanna run stock on any of my devices, but a to each his own right. Thanks for getting back with me though man I learn so damn much from all you guys man. Just a year ago I heard of root and the custom recovery and ROMs and ya there just no other way for me to run my devices but with root rights and all tweaked out I'm just a real bad flash addict Hroark is just phenomenal at what he does all the devs here are sweet top notch pros, AF & XDA you guys have so much to offer. I'm not too liked by a couple devs whatnot on here due to miss communication and texts being misleading though I have ran my mouth and should have went with reading instead of asking dipshit questions but no thanks for hollerin at me I really wanna learn all I can so I will add all you're advice man Thanks really.
The plugs you're on about are called 'hotpluggers' and they are responsible (on f6 kernels) for turning off cores when under a certain threshold.
The hotplugger on the Leon doesnt turn any cores off, that is the cause of shitty standby time and overall battery life. I do it manually when I need my battery to last more than a day. Obviously it will become laggy, but you just switch to power save mode and it will overwrite cpu1 to turn it on and keep the other two off.

If you ever want to turn cores off you can only do it in balanced or performance because certain things become write-protected depending on battery mode. (Example: powersave =/sys/devices/cpu/cpu#/online becomes write protected. Balanced or performance = /sys/devices/cpu/cpufreq becomes write protected instead.)
The kernel just acts weird.
I've discovered though, you can change max freq of cpuboost if you use a certain app to set on boot and disable all other userapps that start on boot. Allowing it to change max frequency before the system makes it writeprotected.
I use the one in this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-kernel-manager-t2828499/page6

Its worked for me so well I bought it, it hasn't had any hiccups or problems setting any certain param on boot.
Which is more than I can say about any other kernel manager.

Last edited:
Right the hacks WV provides pretty much open a lil "flood gate" if you will, everything moves to the partitions extention/ext 4 ect. which is still gaining memory so I'm not sure how you loose memory, its not a sim link, lib link type of memory expansion like links2SD its much more and better than that if you have the proper SD card for hacks like WV's but I suppose we should keep this thread on topic, but if you wanna even just hear what WV's hacks are about type in (Proposal Theory) give er a gander. Oh and ya I have foldermount paid myself ya but I really don't need it I'm not a big gamer, I keep a Nintendo emulator as play Tecmo Superbowl, Tyson's punch and whatnot.
I use FauxClock myself on battery save mode I can keep min clock down 200mgz

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom