• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help General Question about OTA Updates

died4u525

Please forgive me if there's a similar post on here but I couldn't find anything. I never installed the OTA update that gave us 2.3.4. I had read that some people were having problems so I was hesitant to install it but now I figure I might as well just do it. I also read today that there's another OTA that is currently being pushed out.

So anyway I was wondering, when I check for updates, will my phone get both updates or will it only get the latest one? How does that work?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

When you update it will update the first firmware, then reboot and then you will get the second, but keep in mind, if you have not upgrade to the newest 2.3.4, and you want to root in the future, then I would not update, as it is much easier to root without that firmware release, so something for you to think about before you decide to update.

Please forgive me if there's a similar post on here but I couldn't find anything. I never installed the OTA update that gave us 2.3.4. I had read that some people were having problems so I was hesitant to install it but now I figure I might as well just do it. I also read today that there's another OTA that is currently being pushed out.

So anyway I was wondering, when I check for updates, will my phone get both updates or will it only get the latest one? How does that work?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Back
Top Bottom