• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Geniatech Enjoy TV

well, i have done a lot of reading and i mean a lot, and yes i know alot about the geniatech / sumvision / futeko box atv 510 "512mb" version, and i think we all got lucky that when pivos released the linux xbmc version, we could all flash the clone's of xios ds.

And believe me, they work 100% on that flash, i have sold about 20 of them with the gingerbread os on them, then flashed with the pivos-linux on, and you tube / navi x / etc, all works fine and no buffering or lip sync issue's.

But, i think we will all have a problem with the new M3 1gig boxes, as i think pivos are going to lock the linux firmware to there boxe's only.

I can see where pivos are coming from as xbmc guys and pivos are now working together.

But the price of approx

Upvote 0
I did but thought you were only guessing.
Anyway got a fix from Futeko. Really great fast support from them. To change the firmware to an .img file was just a case of renaming it and then do a forced flash.
http://www.futeko.com/forum/index.php?id=5769

Just seen the update on there, these boxes run better with xbmc-linux on them, but aint out for the M3 box yet

Upvote 0
PIVOS have released the latest XBMC builds for their boxes. Tried on my geniatech box but no go. Looks like they have locked the firmware to their own boxes.
If they have locked it to PIVOS only does this not break the open source rules?

Tried it on my second M1 box and upgraded no problem. The first box is connected by component so may be that is broken in the linux PIVOS new build.

Upvote 0
I have got the new firmware on my M1 box, and works ok, but not as good as the original pivos firmware, only differance i can see which is an improvement is that you tube has a buffering feature on there, but there is a lot of things missing like the custom backrounds feature, so i am back on the original firmware.

Dont know about the M3 firmware as i have not got one of them boxes, no doubt people on here will tell us if it does work on the new 1gig geniatech / fuetko boxes

Upvote 0
Is it worth flashing?

I have just downloaded it...
I see they are recommending it to use with the new XBMC package.

Just in case others decide to flash and have problems..
Read this thread there..
http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=1988

They will not support you..but we have the same specs so we can discuss it here for our boxes.
Keep an eye on these threads over the coming days for the bugs to get sorted out.

New ROM
http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=2010

Upvote 0
PIVOS have released the latest XBMC builds for their boxes. Tried on my geniatech box but no go. Looks like they have locked the firmware to their own boxes.
If they have locked it to PIVOS only does this not break the open source rules?

Tried it on my second M1 box and upgraded no problem. The first box is connected by component so may be that is broken in the linux PIVOS new build.
Instead of flashing Pivos fw on Geniatech M1 based boxes, is there anyone can do his own XBMC build and flash it on Geniatech boxes, including m1, m3 and MX based models ?

Upvote 0
Hi guys, kind of given up on my media box a few months back and have not kept it up to date.... It is still on gingerbread....

Can someone point me to the best Android v4 firmware for it with Flash working.... I have sold the box and want to send it out up to date....

thanks

edit: the box currently says:
model number: M3 medbia box board
Android 2.3.4
kernel: 2.6.34
build number 20120111.163332

it is an atv1000 model

Upvote 0
Is there more than one geniatech box? Is yours an M1? I have a diamind M1 AMP1000. It has the same board as the M1 geniatech box. I would also like to know if the M3 updates would work, though I wouldn't be surprised if they don't.
Speaking of updates, if updates from different company's work for different boxes with the same board, what would be the latest M1 update. I'm on the one and only ICS update for the AMP1000 and everything seems clunky, just sluggish...

If failing an update. What kind of modifications, tweaks, hacks have you guys done with your M1 boards to speed things up a bit?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0
Well to answer my own question, I took a leap and installed the latest PIVOS update on my AMP. It worked, and everything seems snappier. Even Netflix loaded faster. Pleased is how I'd describe myself :).

Well I have another problem I hoped the update would fix. But it didn't.
Netflix will play an episode for a few minutes then kicks back to the select a video screen. Anyone else have thus problem?

Upvote 0
Anyone tried out Pivos new M3 firmware on their Geniatech box?

I have an Geniatech ATV510B (M3) and tried to install the recent pivos linux M3 firmware onto it and confirm that it can't be installed. Gives following error:

assert failed: getprop("ro.build.product") =="xiosm3"
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.img
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Upvote 0
Shot in the dark as I'm no expert, but could it be just a simple case of modding the build prop to get it to flash

Already tried that. Used ES File Explorer while on android to modify the build.prop to set values to "xiosm3" but still getting same error. Might need to wait for someone to compile the M3 linux build with values for the ATV510B. The value on this box is "stvmc". Do you have the Pivos M3 unit also? If you do is it possible to paste the build.prop values here?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones