• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Genie.apk (News and Weather)

JB in AZ

Android Expert
Anyone using Genie.apk (News and Weather Widget)? I installed the widget for "Weather" and it has been working well, until yesterday. It just says "Sorry, unable to connect, Please try later." And there is a "Retry Now" Button. Pressing retry says "loading" but then returns the same message. I have deleted and reinstalled the widget with the same results. Hopefuly it is just a server issue, and will be fixed shortly. Anyone else use this and have this current issue?

You don't like the built-in HTC Weather/Clock widget?! I LOVE it. When its storming outside, and you turn your screen on, clouds roll across the screen and lightning shoots outta them, its awesome lol.

You don't like the built-in HTC Weather/Clock widget?! I LOVE it. When its storming outside, and you turn your screen on, clouds roll across the screen and lightning shoots outta them, its awesome lol.

Yes, I actually do like the HTC weather/clock, although, the images are pretty boring here in AZ, just a big yellow blarring sun!!! I have it on my main home screen. This widget, Genie, is on one of my secondary screens, it takes up much less space, and also has news...I just like it. LOL

Mainly I ws wondering if anyone else that is using it has experienced it not being able to connect in the last few days. Thanks!

Although I don't use Genie I use the weatherbug, I have experienced the samething on weatherbug. I added the mobile data on/off widget to one of my screens. Usually toggling that off and on fixes the issue. At least it works for me.

Although I don't use Genie I use the weatherbug, I have experienced the samething on weatherbug. I added the mobile data on/off widget to one of my screens. Usually toggling that off and on fixes the issue. At least it works for me.

Thanks! Tried that, as well as uninstinning the app, and reinstalling no difference. I suspect their server is down. Still hoping to find somone else

I am having the same problem, you're not alone! I hope this gets fixed soon. I too tried uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting, turning data on and off. Still nothing.

I am having the same problem, you're not alone! I hope this gets fixed soon. I too tried uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting, turning data on and off. Still nothing.
Thanks! Thats exactly what I wanted to hear! One never knows if a glitch is their own doing, a result of tinkering, or widespread. LOL In fact, finally, this morning, it is working again.

Yes, I actually do like the HTC weather/clock, although, the images are pretty boring here in AZ, just a big yellow blarring sun!!! I have it on my main home screen. This widget, Genie, is on one of my secondary screens, it takes up much less space, and also has news...I just like it. LOL

Mainly I ws wondering if anyone else that is using it has experienced it not being able to connect in the last few days. Thanks!

Ah, I c. Yeah, I suppose the yellow sun/lens flare stuff would get old quick. I can't wait to see what it does for snow, up here in Wisconsin!!! lol!

I noticed the same issue today. My wife's Sprint HTC EVO 4G refuses to update its News and Weather widget.

I am guessing something is wrong on their end if multiple people are seeing this issue. Just the same, I tried clearing cache, deleting and re-adding the widget, and of course rebooting, to no avail.

Back
Top Bottom