• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Genie Widget

jpzsports

I'm still using the Genie 1.5 News and Weather app on my eris. Now that we have 2.1, is there an updated version of Genie we can download?

Thanks

i think the genie widget is a nexus one exclusive that got ported out for other phones...right?

Yes, it's originally for the N1, but was ported to other phones. There was a 1.5 version floating around here for eris users a while back, but I was thinking that now that we're on 2.1, we no longer need a 1.5 version so maybe there's an updated port that fits our screen.

I'll look into the link bishop posted. - thanks for the new link. Just wondering, the widget download can also be used as an app as well right?

I installed it as well and it works good, but is there a difference from the 1.5 version? I used the 1.5 all the time and don't see any differences...maybe it's just me?

I installed it as well and it works good, but is there a difference from the 1.5 version? I used the 1.5 all the time and don't see any differences...maybe it's just me?

Sorry buddy, I'm not really sure about the differences between the versions. I just installed it for the first time today.

This is by far the best news widget I've seen to date. Seems to run well and not drain the battery either. Thanks for the heads up.

Do you need wifi to run this? I know dumb question, but I'm only getting ( Sorry network error. Please try later.) Any ideas?

I mean after I installed it, that went fine.

I have been using it now for about a week and it has worked fine until today. That's when I noticed that it would not update, so I uninstalled and reinstalled and now all I get is sorry unable to connect...

I have been using it now for about a week and it has worked fine until today. That's when I noticed that it would not update, so I uninstalled and reinstalled and now all I get is sorry unable to connect...

I thought I was the only one too, I wonder what happened

Well that's good to know. I downloaded this off a different site last night and it kept telling me it was unable to connect. I thought it was a bad file or something so I was going to download the one in this thread this morning. Guess I don't have to do that now.....

It wasn't updating the weather most of yesterday, but it is for me today.

My big problem, with both this and the HTC clock/weather widget, is that, for some reason, SkyHook is locating one of my WiFi access points in the middle of NYC, which is not where I am, and I'd occasionally get weather for NYC. I finally resubmitted all of them again the other day and now I'm back home again.

I've been keeping this hoping it's going to start working again, but it looks like it's going to get uninstalled. Still unable to connect to network.

Yup, tried it again this morning and it's working again. Good thing I was having withdrawals.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom