• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Getting a Refurb phone, must backup this phone

FirebirdStud

Android Enthusiast
Ok, I tried searching, but there were hundreds of threads and I couldn't find what I needed to know...

I have a stock droid x, and Im getting a refurb sent to me in a day or two. Ive moved all the apps I can to the SD card, but how do I back up my phone as it is now so that when the new phone shows up it is the least possible PITA to get all my stuff back?

Thanks for the help fellas!

Cody

I use Launcher Pro Plus instead of the stock launcher. If you have LPP, you can click on Preferences. Scroll down the list and 3rd from the bottom is "Backup homescreens and settings". Then when you get the replacement phone, you just do a "Restore backup". It will bring all your homescreens and docks back exactly as they were before, except that it can't do widgets. So you have to add widgets back in manually. Also, to keep track of your apps, sync your apps to Appbrain. Another option is the app MyBackup.

I never thought about backing up text messages, phone logs, things like that. The comments for MyBackup are less than stellar, I dont know if I want to trust all my info to that. Is that the only app to be able to back up the entire phone?

Curious, just created an account with App Brain via my Google login info and synced, does this save game progress in gaming apps like angry birds??

Back
Top Bottom