• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Getting Froyo 2.2 on my replacement phone?

GAMESHARQ

Android Enthusiast
I had to order a replacement phone because my current phone has s*** the bed.

Will it still be possible for me to upgrade it to Froyo 2.2 or will I be s*** out of luck? It would really suck if I'm stuck on 2.1 again.

I had 2.2 stock, the screen broke, Samsung replaced the screen and when my phone came back it had 2.1 I now can't use mobile internet, and I get errors trying to upgrade to 2.2... Virgin mobile is doing a weeklong investigation i guess.. and I'm pretty sure Samsung screwed it up.. But I hope this isn't common.

I just spoke to a rep at VM about getting 2.2 back and they said that I have to wait until it's released to everyone now.

Has anyone here heard anything about when we can expect it to be available to everyone?

I just got my phone back to from samsung. they sent it back with 2.1, i had 2.2 on it when i sent it in, and now i am having problems updating it too

but yes it is out for everyone, i used a wifi connection to try to update it it downloaded the update.zip but when it restarts it wont update and then reboots

Back
Top Bottom