• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Getting multi-user function on Android 4.2.1

redfishsc

We just bought an Asus Memopad HD7, and it has 4.2.1. It DOES NOT have the multi-user function like other 4.2 devices I've seen. I have posted a thread about this in the Memopad section but it's a very small forum, and I need to be able to find a way to get multi-user function on this thing QUICKLY or I am returning it.

Had I known that it can't do multi-user, I would not have bought it.

Other 4.2 devices seem to have the multi-user, which is why I bought it....so my children can play kid's educational games (preschool) without my fear of them getting into whacko stuff (either on the internet, Play store, or swapping the settings by accident).

If I root this device (using Motochopper, seems to be the best way), can I safely flash a ROM that would have this multi-user?

There are some multi-user apps on the Play store but they all require root, which I'm mildly wanting to avoid because of warranty issues.

I moved your thread to the All Things Root sub-forum of the forum dedicated to discussing your tablet. This sub-forum is for root-related questions about your tablet.

... Thom

Well, I do understand the general rationale behind moving it here but this forum gets so very little traffic, I fear that moving it here dooms the question from ever being addressed by someone who would know the answer---- I don't think the answer to my question is going to be specific to this tablet, but rather a general answer regarding Android 4.2.1. That's why I posted it in the general forum.

As I said in the post above, I'm trying to get a multi-user function without rooting it (and thus, why put it here?)...although I am willing to do a root if I absolutely must. I am sorry I was not more clear about that.

Back
Top Bottom