• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Getting my GNEX today!

kilasix9

Android Enthusiast
So after owning different Android devices over the years from Samsung, Moto and HTC, I've finally decided I want a pure Android device and ordered the GNex. I realize that there is a new Nexus device coming soon but I figured it would probably be in the $500 range (for the international GSM model) and I'm not down to spend that much.

For those of you that have owned Nexus devices in the past, how have they fared for you in terms of OS updates and newer models?

I'm on AT&T and currently use the One X.

From what I have read and what I can tell, for how I use my phone, the only thing I'm going to miss is the LTE connectivity, although HSPA+ isn't bad. I'm hoping that with all the iPhone 5 and S3 users out there in their network, the HSPA+ bands will be clearer.

Anyways, any tips you guys can give me? Any dos and donts? Did I make a good decision?

Congrats!

Updates for Nexus phones are great. Verizon tends to be a bit slow but still pushes them not long after the GSM updates. With AT&T you should have no trouble at all with updates.

I'd say you definitely made a good decision. The Gnexus is a great device. Really only out done by 2 phones these days (maybe). And it's buttery smooth.

As for tips I'd say take the time to read the tips thread sticky (I think it's still up there). Lots of neat new features in ICS and a few cool things in JB too.

Yea I just bout mines in July with Sprint and I don't care its going to be outdated soon though, (but not being sarcastic or anything but iP5 was outdated at launch imo) cause its rooted, fast and works for me but some people let Android specs (spec freaks) make the decision for them.

Congrats!

Fast updates and clutter free android were why I purchased the Nexus over phones that look better on paper.

I received 4.1.2 just yesterday, so I can finally stop reading the articles and posts about it rolling out.

Thanks for the feedback all. I've noticed that with a lot of devices, the beefed up components don't do much for the average user. With the right OS and configurations, the GNEX hardware should suffice.

Thanks for the feedback all. I've noticed that with a lot of devices, the beefed up components don't do much for the average user. With the right OS and configurations, the GNEX hardware should suffice.

I agree. There is not one device with many significant improvements over the Nexus right now - at least ones that I care about. So, I go back to the pure and oft updated OS as a considerable plus for the nexus.

So far so good. Soon as I turned it on, updated to JB (surprised it still came with ICS). Then got a second notification to update to 4.1.2 I believe. So happy to get updates like that.

Phone is FAST, love the animations and one of my favorite things to do now is run head-to-heads with iPhone fanatics and blow their precious Siri out of the water with Google Now. :p

Back
Top Bottom