• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Getting ready to root the AWE

TDOW

Question: What is PDANet? Do I have to download it? Or is it part of the driver package on the phone?

pda net is a tethering program that will connect your pc to your phone with an app called FoxFi (or PDANet, which is the older version.) it is not included on the phone.the reason i mentioned it in the other thread is because it gives the most compatible driver for the Awe to allow it to be detected in adb mode properly. the drivers on the phone do not contain this appropriate driver

I am looking at your tutorial video on Youtube. On your screen when you push the superuser, etc files over you have under My Computer the N800 link. I have CD Drive (E: ) USB_Driver. And that opens up to Linux, Mac, Windows. Where do I push the files?

I am looking at your tutorial video on Youtube. On your screen when you push the superuser, etc files over you have under My Computer the N800 link. I have CD Drive (E: ) USB_Driver. And that opens up to Linux, Mac, Windows. Where do I push the files?

You need to enable sd storage. You currently have the Install Driver selected.
Go to settings/connect to pc and select Media Device (MTP) should show your sd card now

Lemme know how well everything is documented, would like some feedback if it works well enough and easy to follow. Did you get the rar I linked in the other thread? Or the link from the video? I plan on taking that down and make a new one

I am following your video tutoral. I have gotten to the point where I have wiped dalvik cache and rebooted and am in in bootloop with the green android dude coming on and off.

I am following your video tutoral. I have gotten to the point where I have wiped dalvik cache and rebooted and am in in bootloop with the green android dude coming on and off.

I have a rom available with a new kernel, the kernel shown in the video is outdated and that issue has been noted a lot by others. Thats why im gonna take it down. You should really read the comments (and this forum).
Try the rom HERE instead

I'm just wondering how far your willing to go with this rom....I know its not easy takes a lot of dedication patience and you are farely new too..you done excellent work so far dont get me wrong if I knew how to I would definitely help out for sure but I'm just thinking that building a rom can take a toll you can't please everyone just not possible if we could build a rom that could change the look and feel of different on the goal without downloading a bunch of third party apps ect... the look of the phone the same but have the software extraordinary and different whenever would be the best a lot of its the theming I know its asking a lot and my awe runs super good almost perfect idk I'm not putting you down or nothing I'm super exciting .......I'm out in public and I notice man there sure in a lot of peeeps on the phone wow everyone these days have a cell phone right just a thought thanks for your hard work and who help to make this happen

I'm just wondering how far your willing to go with this rom....I know its not easy takes a lot of dedication patience and you are farely new too..you done excellent work so far dont get me wrong if I knew how to I would definitely help out for sure but I'm just thinking that building a rom can take a toll you can't please everyone just not possible if we could build a rom that could change the look and feel of different on the goal without downloading a bunch of third party apps ect... the look of the phone the same but have the software extraordinary and different whenever would be the best a lot of its the theming I know its asking a lot and my awe runs super good almost perfect idk I'm not putting you down or nothing I'm super exciting .......I'm out in public and I notice man there sure in a lot of peeeps on the phone wow everyone these days have a cell phone right just a thought thanks for your hard work and who help to make this happen

Theming isnt THAT difficult, but it is a lot work. I'm not entirely sure how I would have to implement it but it seems that I will have to rely on making flashable zips with the themed setup. It would be really awesome to do and I DO have an Associates degree in Visual Communications (or Art...VC is what my college called it) but it may take some time. I'm not entirely sure what people are looking for exactly. Colors? Fonts? What do you want themed? The ability to a change themes on the fly (the most difficult task)?
I'll make a thread and see what is wanted to get a better idea...

Theres something else what about having a inverted play store or even a inverted messages or having theme for facebook too possibilities are endless when it comes to themes ....theres a lot more I can think of and I'm sure you and the community have some thoughts to ...I thought about downloading a theming tool and messing around a bit id? Again drangongart6505 thanks for the dedication ..peace out

Inverted Play Store is actually already a thing. I really likr dark themed Google packages because while it may just seem like a small thing being a different color but actually they can improve battery life a bit.

Inverted Play Store is actually already a thing. I really likr dark themed Google packages because while it may just seem like a small thing being a different color but actually they can improve battery life a bit.
Yeah, white causes the pixel to be "on" while black is the opposite, since it is a lack of color. :D

Me again. My daughter got her phone wet, so we replaced it. Trying to root her phone again. Have it connected as a media device, but the adb devices prompt does not show the phone. I try connecting as "connect to PC software, and adb recognizes it, but it shuts off and does nothing when I do the reboot-bootloader command. And fastboot devices does not work.

Me again. My daughter got her phone wet, so we replaced it. Trying to root her phone again. Have it connected as a media device, but the adb devices prompt does not show the phone. I try connecting as "connect to PC software, and adb recognizes it, but it shuts off and does nothing when I do the reboot-bootloader command. And fastboot devices does not work.

I don't know about you, but I'll describe to you what I did. I fiddled around a little bit to get all the drivers to install, but luckily they did all install directly from the phone, I didn't have to download or anything. Try the install driver option in the connect to PC menu also. I disconnected and reconnected several times from USB port to make sure drivers were installed. Now for the rooting, I honestly have to suggest just using Cydia impactor with your phone set on "connect to PC software" option and REMEMBER to enable USB debugging.

Edit: You said ADB is recognizing it in Connect to computer software mode. In that case just download Cydia Impactor and let it do its magic.

Did you remember to enable usb debugging? And yes it does have to be in media device in connect to pc

Back
Top Bottom