• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Getting wrong storage sizes for internal storage

Hello android fans,

I am starting to have issues with my samsung galaxy reverb running 4.1.2

Lately, my phone is displaying wrong storage sizes remaining for the internal memory at random intervals. This has never happened with ICS 4.0.x

I have Lookout Premium and it reports no viruses or malware on the phone.

I also did a factory reset awhile back, but it still continues to give wrong remaining storage left. For example, at one time it said I have 40MB left, then later it reported I have 1.4GB left. The values are always in random sizes.

Any Ideas what is going on. Thanks

Hello android fans,

I am starting to have issues with my samsung galaxy reverb running 4.1.2

Lately, my phone is displaying wrong storage sizes remaining for the internal memory at random intervals. This has never happened with ICS 4.0.x

I have Lookout Premium and it reports no viruses or malware on the phone.

I also did a factory reset awhile back, but it still continues to give wrong remaining storage left. For example, at one time it said I have 40MB left, then later it reported I have 1.4GB left. The values are always in random sizes.

Any Ideas what is going on. Thanks

Not sure. Are you a heavy user? One possibility might be Cache. Have you had any lockups since you noticed the issue.

Does the warnings pop up after updating or installing an app?

If so and if you've installed ES File Explorer then ES causes these wrong storage warnings.

Harry

@ bkttk2

I am a moderate user and don't have that many apps installed. I also use App Cache Cleaner to clean out cache items.

@ Harry2

No warnings or popup. However, I do get an alert when the phone's internal storage is very low.

The false reading of my storage is from the Settings App.

Right now, it's at 1.4GB witch is my actual free memory. But at times it gives random storage sizes.

Back
Top Bottom