• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gf destroyed phone, Need help for a case

The title says it all. Yes, my newly acquired girlfriend destroyed her R800x. I do not know what she did, but she did it marvelously. The screen is destroyed, the phone powers off randomly and will not reboot unless you remove and reinsert the battery (I have witnessed this), the phone will not recognize her SD card, it fried the SD card in the unit to the point of the SD card being unreadable on my laptop, PC, and 3 other handsets. The SD card isn't even recognizable to be reformatted.

Like I said, she did it marvelously.

Thank the powers that be, she had a handset replacement program, and it is likely that she will be receiving the same model phone. My question is?

What case should I invest in?

I've read a few reviews, and I'm used to otterbox and their line, but the reviews I read about this specific model are mixed. I see many people prefer either the trident model, or the Sony model.

She wants to have use of both cameras, and both bumpers so she can "game" on it.

I'm oblivious as to which case, primarily because I'm not used to finding cases for a phone that slides.

Any help would be appreciate, and apologies for the long post. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

will the otterbox cause issues with the bumper triggers?

will the otterbox fit correctly on this "slider"?

*all valid points brought up when I read some reviews.

Back
Top Bottom