• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gingerbread OTA

arparaspolo

Android Enthusiast
I woke up to the notification saying the OTA install was downloaded and ready for install. I am going to factory reset first this time. Hopefully I won't get a repeat of what happened to my DX (which I didn't factory reset first) ***FINGERS CROSSED***:D

Got my ota this morning. Seems to be running faster now and the new UI is closer to what I was use to with the Fascinate. My DX2 is better now.

I was having problems with my x2, Verizon shipped me an incredible 2. I got the Gb update last night, this phone steams now its so fast I don't want the incredible anymore. The patch seems to have taken care of the multiple texts and the other problems I was having which Verizon was shipping me a whole new phone. With the update this thing is amazingly fast the internet is very fast, even the screen movement is faster. I was thinking I was stuck with a crappy phone for the rest of my contract but with Gb, I think I love this phone!

I woke up to the notification saying the OTA install was downloaded and ready for install. I am going to factory reset first this time. Hopefully I won't get a repeat of what happened to my DX (which I didn't factory reset first) ***FINGERS CROSSED***:D

UPDATE:
Did the factory reset. Installed the update. I reinstalled all my apps and settings and then I restarted my phone. And I gotta say, so far so good. I have been playing music and multitasking, not as many annoying skipping. It does happen but not as bad or as frequent as before. That was one of my biggest gripes as I use my phone as my mp3 player in my truck. I sold my (cr)apple ipod when I got my DX(which got replaced by the X2) I also set the camera to 8mp took a few pictures and restarted my phone again. The 8mp settings was still set when I went to take a picture again. Also a big gripe with the DX which would set back to default WS. I will update when I have more info to give. If you have any questions or something you would like me to try if you are having problems please let me know.

Music still skips but not as often as before. When there is to much on the screen as far as icons and widgets it seems to happen more often. But before I added apps it didn't happen much at all. Pretty lame. There is a dual core processor. You should be able to allocate things to use one or the other or a percentage that way if I wanted my music to be handled as top priority it would do so, so it wouldn't skip.

Back
Top Bottom