• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gingerbread update June 9th 2.3.4 with new sense UI etc.... Is this real !?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

814 htc evo

Android Enthusiast
I was looking through and some guy that goes by the name of blue screen under the thread gingerbread tips problems etc..... He posted a pretty detailed paragraph about supposedly our beloved evos will get another update on June 9th 2011 which will contain new sense ui ...gingerbread keyboard ... Home screen rotation..and 2 other things now I wanna know if this is true or just a joke!? Because it sounds legit because in that same paragraph he mentioned that sprint HTC and Google all said supposedly if they are satisfied with the current performance of the water downed version of our gingerbread they will roll out the 2.3.4 update on June 9th!?!? As long as their isn't major issues that aren't resolved and such by then besides netflix which they are also supposedly working on fixing as we speak !!!! So if anyone else has info about a 2.3.4 gingerbread update on June 9th 2011 please do let us know cause according to this bluescreen guy there will be as long as 2.3.3 runs good enough to satisfy Google HTC and sprint !?!?!?

The post I am referring to is BELOW !!!!!! SO PLEASE READ AND COMMENT BECAUSE I'M CURIOUS I WANT A NEW SENSE we deserve more than a water down version of g.bread !!!!!! Did Droid x get watered down version!?!? Highly doubt it and idc who u are the evo was the first best overall and in my opinion still is currently!!!!!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by BlueScreen HTC, Sprint, and Google hope you are enjoying the latest update to a device that set the standard for all mobile devices to follow nearly a year ago(EVO 4G). Important to note that a water down version of Gingerbread be introduced first because of EVO 4G mass popularity. Functionaliity had to be first and for most. Repeating mistakes made by other carriers was not going to be acceptable by the EVO community. This update addresses some of the pressing concerns by the EVO community. Once we are satisfied no major issues are associated with current upgrade we will proceed with 2.3.4 If no major issues other than Netflix you can expect June 9th 2.3.4 OTA update. 2.3.4 will include: 1) Landscape for home screen 2) Gingerbread keyboard option 3) Further performance improvements 4) Video chat (Google) 5) Sense UI update

Like EVO 3D we are listening to what the expectations are from the community. BSOD P.S. Netflix will be updated and streaming ASAP as this issue is being resolved. Expect an update with in 24hrs at the latest Monday June 6th.

Why dont you post links? I don't recall seeing any documentation that the Sense UI would be updated for the EVO 4G model. (granted, now that I've posted this, they probably will come out with something)

I was kinda curious about those comments too. I saw that post early this morning and figured it would generate a bit more buzz than it did. I guess it was just buried and mostly passed over in that huge thread.

**** dude I can't figure out how to post the link..but its real I copy and pasted what I saw!! It's under the thread gingerbread tips/solutions etc..etc... Look its towards the very last page of that current thread !!!! June 9th etc.... ?????

Well hopefully he's right because this water down version is bullshit even the shitty Droid x got the 2.3.4 and GEUSS what !?!?!? Moto blur aka HTC sense 3.0 **** if we can't get 3.0 cause it's 300mb fine but atleast give us 2.0 for Christ sakes!!!! Something new something we can enjoy besides a little behind the scenes update 6months late after we all thought it would be everything and more which it didn't turn out to be anything from what I was hearing or told !!!! So if this June 9th stuff isn't true then HTC/sprint really let us down on this one!! I'm seriously shocked why would you update a 1year old device that is suppose too be the best there is or was or ever will be but leave out the most I'mportant part considering this is the HTC evo But we cant get the new sense!? The thunderbolt and the shift and I'm sure the EVO 3d will all have the new sense but no gingerbread except on the EVO 3d ?! So Why cant we get the new sense!? We have netflix we have gingerbread shift evo and thunderbolt don't so why are we not capable of supporting atleast sense 2.0 or better yet 3.0 !?!? This don't make any damn sense except HTC /sprint got our hopes up and left us for dead !!!!! So disappointed !!!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Hmm how I say this without getting flagged? Umm BlueScreen is ,in my honest opinion, full of it. He makes guesses based on google searches and presents them as fact (this is my guess as to what he or she does). Go check out this thread http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-3d/303605-evo-3d-oval-office.html and follow the links some people have posted. BlueScreen went from not knowing anything about the Evo to being on the development team over night. Actually just go look at all of his thread history and make your own mind up. Grain of salt is my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom