• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Gingerbreak for Intercept?

I have an Optimus that I rooted with Gingerbreak and I am loving it. I want to do the same to my daughter's Intercept, is that possible? If not, is there a benefit to rooting the phone at all?

i do not believe gingerbreak works with the intercept you can try the superoneclick application or theres that interceptroot.apk or you could download swupgrade and the patch and flash a custom recovery.tar and then flash a kernel that has root there are alot of benefits of rooting theres applications that allow you to control the phone in a way you couldnt otherwise like call blocking, tethering im pretty sure there is alot more

i do not believe gingerbreak works with the intercept you can try the superoneclick application or theres that interceptroot.apk or you could download swupgrade and the patch and flash a custom recovery.tar and then flash a kernel that has root there are alot of benefits of rooting theres applications that allow you to control the phone in a way you couldnt otherwise like call blocking, tethering im pretty sure there is alot more

yes, there is more, like a free App called "Adfree Android" that removes the majority of ads from apps and web browser, there is also apps that can backup every single thing on the device. (Titanium Backup)

Back
Top Bottom