• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail and Outlook not receiving notifications

pdpdlll

Lurker
The device that has the issue is a Huawei Y6, although I read that other devices from different manufacturers are facing the same issue as well. The phone runs Android 9.0 and is brand new pretty much out of the box. The issue is that both Gmail and the Outlook app do not receive notifications even though all possible permissions are on and the battery saving mode is disabled. I tried installing the apps again and what not, the phone still doesn't receive email notifications. It's bugging me not being able to find a solution and was wondering if anyone here has faced anything similar.

i'm not sure. have you taken it to your carrier and see if they can solve the issue? it might be a network issue, possibly??????

if every setting for receiving notifications on both are set correctly, the only thing i can think that you can do on your end is to do a factory reset.

if you do not want to do that then i would definitely take it in.

Just to check: they receive the mail and just don't notify you? Or they don't receive messages either?

If it's the former, one slightly odd question: you've not recently cleared data for Google Play Services? An obscure quirk is that if you do this it messes something up in Google's apps and for some days GMail will not receive notifications (it does regenerate the item it needs after a while, but it takes several days). I've no reason to believe that would affect Outlook though.

Back
Top Bottom