• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail app "reply" button not registering

Anyone else have problems using the gmail app, when I hit reply sometimes it does not resister the tap. The word "reply" lights up and sometimes I have to push it three times before it will open the reply window. No other apps give me this problem so it is not my touch throwing it off it is the app. Cant uninstall it since it is part of the core, any ideas

Anyone else have problems using the gmail app, when I hit reply sometimes it does not resister the tap. The word "reply" lights up and sometimes I have to push it three times before it will open the reply window. No other apps give me this problem so it is not my touch throwing it off it is the app. Cant uninstall it since it is part of the core, any ideas

I have to press any of the buttons at the bottom twice to get a function.

Reply, Reply All, or Forward. It doesn't matter which button I press the first time, it just highlights then goes away. The second press works, even if it is not the same option I pressed the first time.

edit: lol...it's making a liar out of me now. I just went to play around with it a bit after I wrote this and it's working on the first press now. I had gotten so used to double pressing it before that I wasn't even thinking about it. I wonder how many times I didn't really need to now. I guess it's not consistent for me (although at the moment it seems to be consistently working on one press).

I'm not sure if this is by design (to limit accidents) or not. Mine is consistent though, second press every time. No variation or ever needing a third press, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones