• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail Issue On Turbo

dhbuckley

So I wrote a draft email in the Gmail app on my Turbo and tried to attach a file (a small pdf) in Dropbox -- no joy, not an option.

So I went to the Dropbox app on the phone and downloaded the file to the phone. I then edited the draft email, added a cc, attached the file, saw it attached and hit send.

Didn't send. Checked outbox, not there. Checked sent mail, not there. Repeated the process and same non result.

When I go to drafts the original draft is there without the edits, cc or attachment. Wow, is this bad.

I had to do it from my mac -- not a happy Turboer.

Any thoughts?

Gmail just up and does this sometimes - never sending, just hovering in drafts, regardless of content. Phone or pc, doesn't matter. I hit this glitch a few times a year, have for 3 years.

Didn't use any file manager other than the downloads app native to the phone. I have Astro which has proven useful in the past. Thom, do you prefer ES and if so, why?

An example ... rename test to Test ...
Some will simply ignore the request.
Some will claim to rename and when you check later you find they didn't.
ES will rename it and report it correctly.
Astro, File Manger, File Manger HD, Xplore

The reason I asked was I thought you might have been getting misleading information.

This was addressing your secondary problem. EarlyMon gave what is probably the answer to your original problem.

Back
Top Bottom