• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail - Only syncing 1 way

jiggaDROID

I'm noticing that when I get a message on my phone and opening it to mark as read, it isn't updating my gmail account online, at least not in a very timely fashion. The message just stays bolded as unread. I even tried refreshing my inbox by clicking on 'Mail' in gmail, and it still showed as unread. Has anyone else noticed this?

I've had similar results this afternoon. I'm sure Google is probably workin on it at it's obviously an issue with their servers.

I was having the same issue, I am rooted so I removed the app and reinstalled it and everything works fine now. If you have updated to 2.3 you may be able to remove the update and reinstall the update and that may fix as well i'm not sure on this though.

I just created a contact in my phone and synced with my gmail account and it's not showing up in gmail. I tried adding another contact in gmail and it shows up on my phone but the phone entered contact is still not updating the gmail account. Anyone seeing this ?

I am using 2.3 on a rooted phone.

OOPS figured out my issue. When you create a contact on the phone it defaults to a phone only contact. You have to change "contact type" to your gmail account. doing that is syncing just fine.

Back
Top Bottom