• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Go SMS notifications not working

gale65

Android Enthusiast
I had go sms on my OV and notifications worked perfectly. On my nexus they aren't working at all. I've been texting with my sister and there has been no sounds at all and I do have it set to a mp3 file. I tried sending myself a text and also no sound. Is there a setting I'm missing? If not is there a better app to try?

I had go sms on my OV and notifications worked perfectly. On my nexus they aren't working at all. I've been texting with my sister and there has been no sounds at all and I do have it set to a mp3 file. I tried sending myself a text and also no sound. Is there a setting I'm missing? If not is there a better app to try?

I use go sms as well. Have you gone into notifications under the advanced tab of go sms?

I use go sms as well. Have you gone into notifications under the advanced tab of go sms?
thanks-they were enabled there already but it made me remember that I was turning off notifications for a lot of apps in the settings of the phone. So I looked and sure enough, I had notifications turned off. I do it for as many as possible so I'm not getting app update notices and such that may drain the battery (I can check on those every so often on my own) and it was unchecked. I checked it and my sister just sent me a message just now and it worked. thank you!

Back