• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Going to stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2

Hello All,

My name is Sean and I am brand new to this. I have a Motorla Photon Q that I'd like to get my hands dirty with. Specifically, I'd like to change the version of Jelly Bean that's on the phone to the stock android version.

I've done a little research and found a few walk-throughs that talk about how to root my phone. What I don't know is where to find a stock version of Jelly Bean to install after I do this.

Does anybody have some advice for this newbie?

Hi Sean.
You wont find stock android for anything but a Nexus device and that wont run on your phone so what you need is an AOSP based custom rom. CyanogenMod is an example of a rom team that cater for a lot of devices.
The important thing for you to know is that the rom has to be built for your model of phone.
Check out the phone forum for your device and see if anyone can recommend a rom :thumbup:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones