• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hey, guys... has anyone been using GoLauncher with their Turbo? I used to have it on my Razr MaxxHD, and always had a great experience with it. When I got my Turbo about two months ago, I installed GoLauncher (along with a bunch of other stuff), and I had this crazy (seemingly) random reboot issue. I brought the phone back a few days later. Verizon gave me a brand new one, and it's been working absolutely fine. I haven't installed GoLauncher in the new one. My fear is that it was the launcher that might have been causing the reboots. Granted, even when I uninstalled it on the first phone, the thing still did the random reboots. But is it possible that the damage was already done? Can apps do that? That is, if they do cause problems, can they do anything to the OS even though they've been removed (uninstalled)?

I know it might sound a bit... okay, a lot... paranoid. I just don't know how much an app like a launcher can mess with a phone, so I'm seeking some info and opinions here. Thank you for any help!

Hey, guys... has anyone been using GoLauncher with their Turbo? I used to have it on my Razr MaxxHD, and always had a great experience with it. When I got my Turbo about two months ago, I installed GoLauncher (along with a bunch of other stuff), and I had this crazy (seemingly) random reboot issue. I brought the phone back a few days later. Verizon gave me a brand new one, and it's been working absolutely fine. I haven't installed GoLauncher in the new one. My fear is that it was the launcher that might have been causing the reboots. Granted, even when I uninstalled it on the first phone, the thing still did the random reboots. But is it possible that the damage was already done? Can apps do that? That is, if they do cause problems, can they do anything to the OS even though they've been removed (uninstalled)?

I know it might sound a bit... okay, a lot... paranoid. I just don't know how much an app like a launcher can mess with a phone, so I'm seeking some info and opinions here. Thank you for any help!

I've tried GO, but uninstalled it because I just didn't care for it. I never had any problems with it or since. I'm using the Google Now launcher.

Reactions: MightyFurcules
Upvote 0
Thanks for the ideas, guys!

Crashdamage, I never seemed to have any major issues with Go stuff before, but the potential spamming and possible info gathering is a bit worrying. Good tip!

Thom, I've installed Nova Launcher, and I'm really happy with it. It does everything I want a launcher to do so far, and I've had no problems or glitches or anything. Thank you for the recommendation!

Upvote 0
Good move.

With Nova you can hide apps in the app drawer that you don't want to look at. I create a new page in app drawer and move what I want to ignored onto that page. I then look at that page about once a year.

I have it set so when I double0tap the home sateen the notification bar at the top toggles on or off. It is almost always off.

When you get it setup the way you want to can do a backup and then restore it to that way after a Factory Data Reset or when setting up a new phone.

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones