• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Good bye zte zmax family (for now!) i got a (LG G Stylo) now. that is way better!

I have the T-Mobile G Stylo and a ZMAX. I use the Stylo daily, but keep the ZMAX as a backup. The Stylo is the better phone, but the ZMAX's battery is amazing.

I can't argue that. I have had Flagship phones since the G1. The last phone I had was the Moto X 2nd gen. Only reason I got this phone was because of my wife. I debating about putting this Metro SIM into the Moto X. I just have to figure how to do it without pissing the wife off.

I also use the Stylo as a daily phone. I gave my Zmax to my girlfriend. Nothing beats the battery of the Zmax! It's the one thing I miss the most, especially when we go on our little vacations and we are out for most of the day.

But yes, the Stylo is a very nice phone as well. I don't believe it is all that much better than the Zmax, but very similar in scope and specs. I think the Stylo has a more stylish appearance over the Zmax, with the same screen specs in a smaller size. But when it comes down to the nuts and bolts they are nearly identical. Yes, the Stylo has 5.1.1, Band 12, and VoLTE out of the box, but at least the Zmax finally got its long overdue update to enable Band 12 and VoLTE, which were much needed and the main reason I got the phone in the first place. The Stylo also has the cool stylus and better front and rear cameras. But when it comes to daily use both are about equal.

So I say the Zmax has great battery life and the Stylo has some better cameras and a built in stylus. Most everything is about the same between the two.

And because the Zmax is still in our family I still visits these forums. It's a Tmo version but I flashed the new B13 Metro stock rom for my girlfriend. We both moved to MetroPCS, me from T-mobile and she from Boost. It's still working great, though she looks like she is holding a tablet to her head when she is on the phone. lol It's WAY better than her last phone (LG Volt) so she it very happy!

The Stylo is a great phone but development for it sucks. At least the Zmax has a more stable build of CM12.1. Thanks to LG, it's always been a pain in the arse for custom roms. Ive had the Stylo for months and im about to leave for something else. Rather have a Nexus 5 at this point

Price for the LG Stylo dropped here in South FL down to $129.00+tx after an instant rebate. Great deal and even better that there is no wait for that mail-in rebate crap-crack. That is at the M.P.C.S Corporate stores .......

u cant metro will find out and block service in order for the other phone to work on metro they needs to have the imei on there system even if is a metro phone they need to put it in the system

The Stylo is a great phone but development for it sucks. At least the Zmax has a more stable build of CM12.1. Thanks to LG, it's always been a pain in the arse for custom roms. Ive had the Stylo for months and im about to leave for something else. Rather have a Nexus 5 at this point
I bought a stylo and it took about 3 weeks for me to get rid of it and go back to the zmax. Cm12.1 was literally unusable because the screen became unresponsive about 2 minutes after I finished entering my account info(clean flashed ROM and gapps only. No xposed or any other mods) and apps would randomly open and close while the notification drawer expanded and collapsed all by itself. Then there was the aweful battery life and the cheap display that was so low quality that I could clearly see the spaces between each pixel. All it takes is to look at the same picture on the zmax and the stylo side by side and it only takes about 3 seconds to see how cheap the display on the stylo is. Then factor in the fact that it doesn't have USB-OTG capability and you might start wondering why the phone ever even appealed to you.

my friend has an LG stylo s770 and I tried to root it lg root program as advised by many devolopers and it got stuck on the Boost Mobile screen and my friend kept bugging me to factory reset it I knew I shouldn't have but I did it anyways just to quieten down and now its stuck on the lg screen I'm not quite sure how to get to download mode and it does a different recovery mode and it did at first any way to unbrick it?

my friend has an LG stylo s770 and I tried to root it lg root program as advised by many devolopers and it got stuck on the Boost Mobile screen and my friend kept bugging me to factory reset it I knew I shouldn't have but I did it anyways just to quieten down and now its stuck on the lg screen I'm not quite sure how to get to download mode and it does a different recovery mode and it did at first any way to unbrick it?
1 This is the wrong section.
2 The only stylos that have firmware to use for unbricking are the MetroPCS (ms631) and T-Mobile (h631) versions. None of the other stylos have firmware that can be flashed or any other unbrick method. Once you mess them up they are dead.

1 This is the wrong section.
2 The only stylos that have firmware to use for unbricking are the MetroPCS (ms631) and T-Mobile (h631) versions. None of the other stylos have firmware that can be flashed or any other unbrick method. Once you mess them up they are dead.
OK,wrong place for this question,but your telling me boost mobile stylos can't even be rooted?or recovered from brick, that would make it the most cockamaymi phone ever.man I feel bad for my friend he just got it 2 days ago out the box,and this is the first non recoverable brick I've had out of my 12years of development, and it had to be one of my good friends devices as well...man...

I also opted to leave the Zmax, but for a 64GB Nexus 6P using Metro PCS... With an awesome battery life the Zmax have I use it as a music player.

Back
Top Bottom