• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

good case that doesn't cover up top and bottom microphones

dlin95123

I just got a S3 for my wife, and want to get a good case for the phone. I notice that the S3 has two microphones, one at the bottom and one at the top. So I need to get a case that does not cover either hole.

What would be a good choice? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the info. She does not like the flip case. I am thinking to get a Seidio Surface case and a screen protector. Seidio Surface seems to have good reviews on YouTube.

Yeah man the Surface seems really solid and if she likes the curvy look of the s3 it should look good :thumbup:
If it comes with a free screen protector id maybe spend a bit more for a decent one. I dont like screen protectors but if i did id get an expensive glass one. The s3 display is too nice to cover with something tacky :thumbup:

I honestly dont know any brands but id be looking for a tempered glass one if it was me. I doubt if they offer much more protection than a plastic one but i think it would look and feel a lot better :thumbup:

Bit off topic but does anyone know if Corning (the makers of the Gorilla glass 2 screen on the s3) make their own range of screen protectors? That would be pretty cool because the s3 glass is really tough :beer:

It does not come with a screen protector. What are the good screen protectors to get? Thanks.

Due to the curved glass at the edge of the phone face, only a handful of screen protectors will sit properly. There is one on Amazon that provides full face coverage and has built-in curvature at the edges. It's supposed to sit flat.

I bought them but haven't put them on yet. The one on there now doesn't sit flat, but it's really nice otherwise. It's very smooth and hasn't even scratched yet from use. I'll probably replace it this week though as I'm going to the beach next week and I'll want the extra protection from the sand.

Other protectors are cut small and only cover the actual screen portion of the face only to overcome this issue. My screen protector came with an Incipio case and it's full face, but not curved so the edges don't stick. Notice how the s4 has a flat screen, I am looking forward to getting one in a year or so whenever virgin mobile gets sprint's sloppy seconds :D

If you Google or YouTube search for "screen protector s3 curved screen" you should find all you need to know.

Which Incipio case did u get mate? I recently bought one but instantly didnt like it so im tryin to sell it lol :)

Which Incipio case did u get mate? I recently bought one but instantly didnt like it so im tryin to sell it lol :)
It's called the Silycrylic or something like that. It's a two piece silicone under hard plastic. Quite sharp looking, I had the white version. Hard to pick up if face down on a flat surface, but many cases are for this phone. I returned it. My biggest gripe was the gaping hole cut out for the camera, flash, and speaker. There is little protection with a single large opening like that. I prefer three smaller openings to give more chances to block things from hitting the cameras.

Lol its the Siricrylic i got and didnt like . I also got the UAG and love it :)

So you like the UAG since you got it? I have never took mine off since buying it except to switch to another UAG color, lol! I did recently buy my teenage son a new S3, but he is using my old Defender case for more protection. It's his first touch screen phone, so I wanted to make sure it's covered up good. He's not as careful as I am. :-)

Did you not like the look, or were there other problems?

i mainly just fell in love with the UAG but i also didnt like how the lip that goes round the screen is really soft at the top and bottom and where the power and volume buttons are. I think it would have good drop protection but i didnt like how it felt. Also i got the all black one and it looks a bit boring. it seems very high quality though and came nicely packaged :thumbup:

So you like the UAG since you got it? I have never took mine off since buying it except to switch to another UAG color, lol! I did recently buy my teenage son a new S3, but he is using my old Defender case for more protection. It's his first touch screen phone, so I wanted to make sure it's covered up good. He's not as careful as I am. :-)

Yup it only took 2wks to get here from US and as soon as i put it on i loved it. It feels like part of the phone, fits really tight and makes the phone feel stiff, not like a samsung lol. I actualy had my first bad drop the day after putting it on. 5ft onto a wooden floor and it was fine. The only problem people would have is if they change batterys often. Because its so snug, i find it hard to take off. Apart from that id recommend it to anyone who likes the industrial look of it :)

Yeah, after you take it off and put it back on a few times it will get easier. Start at one top corner with both thumbs on the glass side, and pry one corner back. Then do the same on the other side to get the top half loose. It should be fairly easy to remove from that point.

Ah right. Im gona take it off as little as possible to keep it nice n tight :)
Cant get over how good a case it is. Id defo buy it again :)

Hmm is it the samsung adaptor? Mine is broken and my rom doesnt support it anyway so havent tried it :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom