• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Good Security/Phone Lock App

jeckel20003

Lurker
May 31, 2011
I'm new to the android scene. Just got an HTC Thunderbolt last week. I'm looking for a security app that will allow me to lock my phone, locate it, wipe it, etc. I've tried several and can't remember most of them. They all seem to work fine except for the locking the phone part. I will send a message to lock the phone and it doesn't happen. I even tried Mcafee Wave Secure and it didn't lock the phone. One of them called "MobiUCare" made the phone say it was locked but you just touched unlock and the phone would unlock without a code. I don't currently have screen lock setup. Is that why the apps aren't locking the phone? If that is the case, is there any way to lock the phone remotely without having the screen lock setup? Anyone have some suggestions for such an app to download? I would prefer something free but wouldn't mind paying a little if it works well. Thanks in advance.

Yeah I'm a little worried about losing it. And by losing it I mean someone stealing it. I'm a little OCD and know where things like my phone are all of the time. My phone rarely leaves my side so I'm not worried about having screen lock on. Anyway, tried out "SeekDroid" and it works great. Even though I don't have screen lock on, it will lock my phone within a few seconds of hitting the lock button on their website. I also found an app worth mentioning called "Android Lost". It does everything seekdroid does and more. Plus android lost is free. I'm currently using both because seekdroid locks my phone almost instantly and android lost has some great features. I know it sounds a little like overkill.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones