• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Good to Root a phone?

AtrixHD

Lurker
I installed Avast Mobile Security on my Atrix HD and you have to root the phone to use the firewall. Is this something I should do and what exactly does rooting mean? Is it safe to root a phone?
 
Welcome to Android Forums, AtrixHD!

I have moved this thread into the "all things root" section of this forum, in hopes that the folks who know rooting best will see this thread, and post their informative tips to help.:)

You will find some info on rooting in the "root guide" posted at the top of this forum.
 
Welcome to Android Forums, AtrixHD!

I have moved this thread into the "all things root" section of this forum, in hopes that the folks who know rooting best will see this thread, and post their informative tips to help.:)

You will find some info on rooting in the "root guide" posted at the top of this forum.

The info he is looking for.. is that its not rooted yet. It's a little weird to have a guide to say that lol
 
So should I do what Avast wants me to do and root my Atrix HD so I can use the firewall or should I leave it like it is? Will rooting void my warranty or anything like that?
 
So should I do what Avast wants me to do and root my Atrix HD so I can use the firewall or should I leave it like it is? Will rooting void my warranty or anything like that?


Rooting does void your warranty. I personally don't know the process for rooting your phone. Some phones are easier to root than others.

It is definitely not a requirement to root your phone and avast will provide with more protection than necessary even without root access.
 
Rooting does void your warranty. I personally don't know the process for rooting your phone. Some phones are easier to root than others.

It is definitely not a requirement to root your phone and avast will provide with more protection than necessary even without root access.

OK Thanks for the reply. It only requires rooting to use the Avast Fire Wall so If I don't need that I wont worry about it. Thanks again!!
 
The info he is looking for.. is that its not rooted yet. It's a little weird to have a guide to say that lol
Mattlgroff, if someone is asking questions about rooting, whether they are rooted or not, it seems to me that the best place to become informed about rooting would be from the rooting section of the forum.:)
 
Back
Top Bottom